“Our second visit was as good as the first.”

Mantra Indian Cuisine & Spirits
Ranked #21 of 310 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife and daughter like Indian food, I would rather eat almost anything else. I am a novice at this cuisine and I like this restaurant. The staff is eager to please. Tandoori chicken is a fairly innocuous dish that I enjoy, a mildly spiced baked chicken. Spices overpowered the flavor of the lamb dish I had on my first visit. My wife was happy with her eggplant dish that tasted pretty good to me, too. Naan was fresh. Beer is available, I assume that mixed drinks are, too. The staff and background music give Mantra an ethnic atmosphere. This place is heads above Funki Desi in Moline.

1  Thank hoogo

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We took a group of 6 uninformed Indian food people to try this restaurant.
We all found it very pleasant---the waiter took extra time with us and helped us through the menu.
Everyone in our party had so much fun as each new dish was delivered---I would recommend the dinner for two----which comes with appetizer/2 entrees/desert. This gives you a great selection.
Just remember your own level of spicy---they have many options.
Also parking is great!
We all loved it!

1  Thank 12755huskr
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I agree with all the other posts. Great food, inexpensive for what you great. Friendly service with good atmosphere.

1  Thank flyerb727
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stopped in for the lunch buffet. Nice selection of two different soups, and many entrees. The chicken curry was delicious. Fresh naan was great, and the staff are right on top of things like refilling drinks. Overall everything I tried was great. I will definitely be back. If you like your food spicy, be sure to tell them, they make the buffet pretty mild.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Not a fancy looking place but the food Was excellent and the staff was very helpful. I would highly recommend trying this place.