“Pretty good”

Ranked #41 of 301 Restaurants in Davenport
Des Moines, Iowa
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Okay, granted Harlan's is nothing spectacular, in the long scheme of things, but we always enjoy our meals. Service was prompt. Our choices were great. We've gone there for B, L, D and always walk away satisfied.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank D w

Davenport, Iowa
“food is good and seems to be improving”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The food at Harlans has always been decent diner fare. I want to give them kudos though on their sirloin steak I recently had. I had ordered steak in the past and have been somewhat disappointed but this time WOW the seasoning on it was fantabulus! It was basically salt and pepper I think but it carried a nice punch. Maybe its because in the past the steak never really had much flavor? I don't know but whatever it is I hope they keep it up. We dine there maybe 3 times a month. Food for the most part has always been consistent. I have to laugh at another reviewers mention of the really green dressing. Its really green alright but I love it! I am not sure of the "fake" tasting garlic. I never knew there was fake garlic. hahaha The only thing I wish the owners would do is clean the upolstery on the booths and perhaps give the carpet a good going over with a steamer. The booths really do need a good cleaning though.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Macs1903
Davenport, Iowa
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Everytime I visit home I meet friends for breakfast at Harlan's. It's an institute for people who know Davenport. Breakfast is awesome and affordable, service is fast and friendly, the coffee is good and refilled often. I miss the "old Harlan's" where it was that good old "belly up to the counter", small, old truck stop...but they got too popular and had to expand and remodel. 30 years ago it was on THE main highway so it truly was a truck stop. Now with I-80, it's not a truck stop but you still get that same, warm service. Love it.

Visited March 2013
Davenport, IA
“Very good and cheap breakfast”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have been eating at Harlans for a long time, but I can only comment on their breakfast. M-F they have a very good and cheap 2 egg, hashbrowns,toast, bacon or sausage for under $3. Service ALWAYS excellent.

• Visited February 2013
Madison, Alabama
“Good Home Cooking at Harlans”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We've visited here three time in the last two weeks. My wife and I have tried something different all three trips. Breakfast I had an Omelette and my wife had the french toast. The omelette was pipping hot right off the grill. Wife said the French toast was very eggie which she likes. The Burgers were delicious. The beef and noodle soup was good. The grilled chicken was moist and the spaghetti with meat sauce was delicious. We also had great service with all three waitresses we had. Very pleased and will become regulars while here for the next year.

• Visited February 2013