“Awful, sad to see the decline.”
Review of Harlan's Fine Food

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Harlan's Fine Food
Ranked #54 of 310 Restaurants in Davenport
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Harlans was a place I used to dine at way back in the 70's as a child and they had great food. We had a few bad experiences a few years ago and hadn't been in a few years, but our first choice for Sunday breakfast was packed today so we gave it one more try. Huge mistake. It's obvious that they've made a big effort to cut costs sacrificing quality big time. The coffee was the worst I've ever had, just terrible. My son got bacon that was obviously the pre-cooked crap; it was tissue paper thin with no flavor. The pancakes were tough, cool enough to not melt butter on, and tasted like pancake batter. The hash browns were undercooked, bland potatoes. I can honestly say it was the worst meal out I've had in many, many years...probably since the last time we ate here a few years ago. Oh by the way, they don't use real eggs in their omlettes; a server let us in on that one when my wife complained about the taste of hers when the server asked how everything was. It's sad, because Harlans used to have good food and is a bit of an institution in Davenport. I will never, ever eat here again.

2  Thank Mike0428

Reviewed 9 May 2013

My dad loves this place, and the food is good, I just like to have a beer when I go out to eat. Last time I went Harlan's did not have alcohol on the menu.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Okay, granted Harlan's is nothing spectacular, in the long scheme of things, but we always enjoy our meals. Service was prompt. Our choices were great. We've gone there for B, L, D and always walk away satisfied.

3  Thank D w
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The food at Harlans has always been decent diner fare. I want to give them kudos though on their sirloin steak I recently had. I had ordered steak in the past and have been somewhat disappointed but this time WOW the seasoning on it was fantabulus! It was basically salt and pepper I think but it carried a nice punch. Maybe its because in the past the steak never really had much flavor? I don't know but whatever it is I hope they keep it up. We dine there maybe 3 times a month. Food for the most part has always been consistent. I have to laugh at another reviewers mention of the really green dressing. Its really green alright but I love it! I am not sure of the "fake" tasting garlic. I never knew there was fake garlic. hahaha The only thing I wish the owners would do is clean the upolstery on the booths and perhaps give the carpet a good going over with a steamer. The booths really do need a good cleaning though.

1  Thank Macs1903
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Everytime I visit home I meet friends for breakfast at Harlan's. It's an institute for people who know Davenport. Breakfast is awesome and affordable, service is fast and friendly, the coffee is good and refilled often. I miss the "old Harlan's" where it was that good old "belly up to the counter", small, old truck stop...but they got too popular and had to expand and remodel. 30 years ago it was on THE main highway so it truly was a truck stop. Now with I-80, it's not a truck stop but you still get that same, warm service. Love it.