“Look Around”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Davenport, Iowa
“Look Around”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hostess was pre occupied with her cell phone. One we where seated we were waited on promptly. Looking around I noticed a lot of dust on the partitioning and then on the ceiling fans and light fixture. Very unclean. The waitress took our order and once it came out we didm see her again until she brought our check. No refills. The food was bland obviously prepackaged/ warmed up. Not homemade in house. Would noy go again! If they can't clean the front of house I bet the kitchen is disgusting. they also need to update the uncomfortable seating and the 70's decor. Its dated and not pleasing.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank mrsa14

Illinois
“Blah all the way around”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stopped here again, what happened to this place? The service was very slow although there was hardly anyone there, seemed to be one waitress working while everyone else huddled at the counter talking. The food was terrible - what used to taste like home made is now canned/precooked/microwave crap with instant potatoes. Nothing was worth the price they charged and we left feeling like we'd made a big mistake choosing to eat there.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MsCheap1
Davenport Iowa
“Awful, sad to see the decline.”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Harlans was a place I used to dine at way back in the 70's as a child and they had great food. We had a few bad experiences a few years ago and hadn't been in a few years, but our first choice for Sunday breakfast was packed today so we gave it one more try. Huge mistake. It's obvious that they've made a big effort to cut costs sacrificing quality big time. The coffee was the worst I've ever had, just terrible. My son got bacon that was obviously the pre-cooked crap; it was tissue paper thin with no flavor. The pancakes were tough, cool enough to not melt butter on, and tasted like pancake batter. The hash browns were undercooked, bland potatoes. I can honestly say it was the worst meal out I've had in many, many years...probably since the last time we ate here a few years ago. Oh by the way, they don't use real eggs in their omlettes; a server let us in on that one when my wife complained about the taste of hers when the server asked how everything was. It's sad, because Harlans used to have good food and is a bit of an institution in Davenport. I will never, ever eat here again.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Mike0428
“Great for early dinner specials”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My dad loves this place, and the food is good, I just like to have a beer when I go out to eat. Last time I went Harlan's did not have alcohol on the menu.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Okay, granted Harlan's is nothing spectacular, in the long scheme of things, but we always enjoy our meals. Service was prompt. Our choices were great. We've gone there for B, L, D and always walk away satisfied.

Visited March 2013