We stayed for one night in this hotel when we met friends. The other couple booked the room for us, although we generally use the Choice Hotels chain ourselves. (Backstory: We are all in our early to mid-60s)
+This particular property is newer than many in the chain.
-The area where it is located is easy to access off I-80, but more in an "industrial" type area. I suspect many of their customers are business people during the week; it is not ideally located for the 'vacation' traveler
-Also, as mentioned in another review, there is a "gentlemen's club" next door. Not particularly the kind of thing you might want to explain to your kids!
+The rate for this property was significantly less than we'd paid a few weeks ago for a similar hotel in this chain; pleasantly surprised at the nightly rate
+This is a three-story hotel, but there is an elevator!
+/- Although our friends booked identical rooms for us, ours was across the hall and much larger than theirs. I have no idea why.
+Bed, comfortable; room, quiet; t.v. , wall-mounted flat-screen, bathroom is large and nicely appointed
++Vanity has TWO sinks -- so convenient!
- The vanity is in the same room with the stool and shower/tub. This makes the room just a wee bit less convenient than those that have the sink/vanity separate, especially if you're not with your 'significant other'
+Breakfast room spacious, well-appointed with fireplace and t.v.
-Breakfast was the usual at a Comfort Inn which, for those of us who us the chain somewhat regularly, is not that appealing. Canned sausage gravy, rehydrated scrambled "eggs", etc.
+Their coffee is always good, though, and available 24/7
+/- although not near downtown or the river, they are not that far away. We drove to a local brewery there, watched the eagles, etc. Easy drive.
***We did not have time to use the pool or other facilities so cannot comment on those.
Overall, if you're just passing through and need a room a bit above average at a reasonable rate, this is a great stop. If you're vacationing for more than a few days, plan to drive to all attractions and restaurants --
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport Hotel Davenport
- Comfort Inn And Suites Davenport
- Comfort Inn Davenport
- Davenport Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Hotel Davenport