“Above Average for this Chain!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed for one night in this hotel when we met friends. The other couple booked the room for us, although we generally use the Choice Hotels chain ourselves. (Backstory: We are all in our early to mid-60s)

+This particular property is newer than many in the chain.

-The area where it is located is easy to access off I-80, but more in an "industrial" type area. I suspect many of their customers are business people during the week; it is not ideally located for the 'vacation' traveler

-Also, as mentioned in another review, there is a "gentlemen's club" next door. Not particularly the kind of thing you might want to explain to your kids!

+The rate for this property was significantly less than we'd paid a few weeks ago for a similar hotel in this chain; pleasantly surprised at the nightly rate

+This is a three-story hotel, but there is an elevator!

+/- Although our friends booked identical rooms for us, ours was across the hall and much larger than theirs. I have no idea why.

+Bed, comfortable; room, quiet; t.v. , wall-mounted flat-screen, bathroom is large and nicely appointed

++Vanity has TWO sinks -- so convenient!

- The vanity is in the same room with the stool and shower/tub. This makes the room just a wee bit less convenient than those that have the sink/vanity separate, especially if you're not with your 'significant other'

+Breakfast room spacious, well-appointed with fireplace and t.v.

-Breakfast was the usual at a Comfort Inn which, for those of us who us the chain somewhat regularly, is not that appealing. Canned sausage gravy, rehydrated scrambled "eggs", etc.

+Their coffee is always good, though, and available 24/7

+/- although not near downtown or the river, they are not that far away. We drove to a local brewery there, watched the eagles, etc. Easy drive.

***We did not have time to use the pool or other facilities so cannot comment on those.

Overall, if you're just passing through and need a room a bit above average at a reasonable rate, this is a great stop. If you're vacationing for more than a few days, plan to drive to all attractions and restaurants --

Room Tip: Some rooms appear to be larger than others, . . .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Keyboardlady,
Thank you for all the feedback on the hotel. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at an affordable rate. We appreciate all of the suggestions and continue to make changes regularly to meet all our guests needs. Hope to see you on your next trip to Davenport,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I travel quite a bit for business and stayed here at the last minute on a business trip. I picked the hotel b/c I stay at Comfort Inn & Suites often in Wisconsin (am a rewards member) and also read some of the reviews here on trip advisor. I was greeted by a really friendly front desk clerk who was more than helpful and was able to upgrade me to a king suite on the first floor. Fantastic. Rooms are nice….nothing extraordinary. Styling is very traditional but seemed to be fairly clean though which is important!

Because I was here when it was supposed to be -30 wind chill overnight, I brought my electrical cord to plug in my block engine heater. However, after checking the one place the clerk knew was available in the back, the 2 outlets were already being used. I asked if she knew of any other outlets and she didn't and said her manager was in a meeting (off-site) and didn't sound like she was available. I will give the gal credit though as she went outside to help me look really quick. I continued around the building (it was -25 wind chill at the time) and found a separate building that had an outlet. After checking with her, I moved my car over to their other building. I must be spoiled as the other hotels I've stayed at have outlets all around their hotels including the light poles especially if they're by a big truck stop like this location. Words to the wise. Might be something to look into and offer to your drivers in the cold of winter!

Nice larger flat screen TV but I've gotten spoiled as many hotels now offer HDTV……but not here. Desk and office chair were comfortable for working. Desk drawer is broken. The bathroom doesn't have a fan (or working fan?), lacks a long enough shower curtain so you have to keep checking to make sure the curtain is in the tub while showering, water kept backing up in the tub while showering too and the bath mat has seen better days. I'm not too picky and have spent fewer dollars for nicer amenities.

The heater/AC is the outside type that is still controlled at the unit by the window. There is a wall control is in the room by the closet but doesn't work??!! Not sure about that one?!

Also, a $1.50 safe deposit box charge is automatically charged to your room but they'll remove it if you ask. Not sure why more and more hotels are doing this but they've all removed the charge if you ask…..but you have to notice it on your bill first.

Beds were comfortable with nice linens.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits & gravy, pastries, muffins, toast, english muffins, bagels, yogurt and hard boiled eggs and then the usual drinks. No cereals or oatmeal.

Overall a decent and clean hotel for the business traveler.

Room Tip: I was in room 110 - King suite. However, it's next to the office/laundry room so be prepared to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LocntryWI
Melissa C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear LocntryWI,
I want to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about the hotel. We truly appreciate the suggestions, it helps us to ensure we are meeting all our guests needs. I am happy that my staff was able to assist you in finding an outlet to plug in your vehicle. I hope that overall you enjoyed your stay and look forward to providing you with further accommodations in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This hotel is in the northern suburbs of Davenport, right off of I-80. It's not a long drive to get into town for restaurants, museums, or to see the river. We arrived after a long flight and they were able to let us check in early, which was good. The room was quiet and clean. The included breakfast was nice and filling.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree the hotel is conveniently located right off of I-80 and not far from several restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were experiencing extremely poor conditions on I-80 (four semi trucks went off the road due to ice and wind) so we were forced off the road to this hotel. I was worried due to the fact that there is a "gentleman's club" right next to the hotel , but that ended up not being an issue. Everything inside the hotel was clean and safe. We did have a problem with the heater. It might have been 100 degrees when we first entered. After I called, I was told to use the thermostat on the window heater…not the one on the wall. Heat was good for the rest of the night. The breakfast begs for more excitement. The coffee was old, the food was yucky, the eggs looked nasty and the muffins were grim.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear VacationGirl222,
We want to extend our apologies to you for the issue you had with the heater in your room. I am glad that we got it resolved and you didn't have anymore trouble with it. I will make sure that housekeeping is aware of where we should be setting the temperature of the rooms, so we do not run into that issue in the future. I am glad that we could get you a safe place to stay to avoid the bad weather conditions.
Thank you for the feedback on the breakfast, I can look into some different options to ensure we are meeting the needs of all our guests.
We hope to see you again next time you are in the Davenport area.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

All in all our short stay was good. We arrived around 2:30 am, very tired. When we got to our room it was freezing. I thought the air was on. Took a little bit to figure out the heating system. Also the toilet ran all night. Closed the door-too tired to call. The rooms where clean, breakfast was good

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were looking for a hotel near our event site and this was recommended through their website. It was closer than it appeared on Google map which took us the "back way." Rodneshia, at the front desk, was very helpful with current and additional reservations. Rooms really clean, quiet and comfortable. Outstanding breakfast! Loved the 2 different flavors of waffles.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank petefamx5
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stopped at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Davenport, IA in July. The rates were very reasonable and included a free breakfast.

The rooms were clean and comfortable for a short stay, we stayed only one night. The room was standard motel but we weren't expecting more. The breakfast in the morning included eggs sausage and waffles.

It was an excellent place for a stop over on our trip. I'd recommend this place for travelers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple