“Awesome!!”

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee, United States
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean, quiet and very comfortable. Staff was very accommodating and went out of their way to see that we were comfortable. Would definitely stay again. I would highly recommend this as a good place to stay. Davenport has great restaurants and plenty of conveniences.

Stayed February 2014
Melissa C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Becky J,
We appreciate staying with us and I am very pleased to here you had a great stay. We loved having you and hope to see you again soon.
Melissa Carr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We always manage to stay at the Davenport Comfort Inn and Suites (Exit 292 I-80) whenever we go toward the Western U.S. We love to stay at this site because it is so clean and accommodating and the TV and Wi-Fi are always up and running. The rooms are clean par excellence! We get a handicap room for wife (known in these parts as “The Bionic Woman” - much body parts made of metal) and more. She needs warmth and wall heaters did fine in -14 degree weather. She needs bars on walls in bathroom and bath chair. Our room is always ready. The staff especially the Hotel Manager, are friendly and knowledgeable. We've stayed here at least 6 or more times during the Summer - Fall of 2013 thru 1st of January 2014. We just made another for March, 2014 enroute to Lincoln - a pass through on out way to Sterling, CO where we will arrive at our condo in CO to watch grandkids ski. ..... This Hotel's Breakfasts are superior with plenty of choices and we love to eat Dinner down the road at The Machine Shop Country Restaurant. This Hotel is also a good place to stay enroute to NASCAR races in Kansas City.

Room Tip: We've read some of the bad reviews, but for the money, this Hotel gets an A+ from us. Next time...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Charles-Ruth T,
Thank you so much for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel and staff. I am happy that we can accommodate you when you are passing through town. We absolutely love having you two and look forward to seeing you next month. Travel Safely!!
GRINNELL
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Easy convenient access off of Interstate 80. Nothing spectacular about the property and no great issues either. Good, quiet, clean place to stay at an affordable price. Biggest disappointment no hot tub and still have not cleared about 6 inches of snow....and it has now been well over 12 hours since last snowflake fell. Bed was fine....pillows were very tiny. Fridge, microwave in the room which is always nice Nice flat screen TV in room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear IowaKclan,
I am happy to hear we met your expectations during your stay with us. We strive to succeed your expectations, so I am sorry we did not do that. Thank you for letting me know about the snow not being removed in a timely manner as that is very important to have taken care of right away. I can look into that. Unfortunately we do not have a hot tub in the public areas, but maybe next time you are in the area we can get you upgraded to a hot tub suite!! We appreciate the feedback.
Idaho
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed for one night in this hotel when we met friends. The other couple booked the room for us, although we generally use the Choice Hotels chain ourselves. (Backstory: We are all in our early to mid-60s)

+This particular property is newer than many in the chain.

-The area where it is located is easy to access off I-80, but more in an "industrial" type area. I suspect many of their customers are business people during the week; it is not ideally located for the 'vacation' traveler

-Also, as mentioned in another review, there is a "gentlemen's club" next door. Not particularly the kind of thing you might want to explain to your kids!

+The rate for this property was significantly less than we'd paid a few weeks ago for a similar hotel in this chain; pleasantly surprised at the nightly rate

+This is a three-story hotel, but there is an elevator!

+/- Although our friends booked identical rooms for us, ours was across the hall and much larger than theirs. I have no idea why.

+Bed, comfortable; room, quiet; t.v. , wall-mounted flat-screen, bathroom is large and nicely appointed

++Vanity has TWO sinks -- so convenient!

- The vanity is in the same room with the stool and shower/tub. This makes the room just a wee bit less convenient than those that have the sink/vanity separate, especially if you're not with your 'significant other'

+Breakfast room spacious, well-appointed with fireplace and t.v.

-Breakfast was the usual at a Comfort Inn which, for those of us who us the chain somewhat regularly, is not that appealing. Canned sausage gravy, rehydrated scrambled "eggs", etc.

+Their coffee is always good, though, and available 24/7

+/- although not near downtown or the river, they are not that far away. We drove to a local brewery there, watched the eagles, etc. Easy drive.

***We did not have time to use the pool or other facilities so cannot comment on those.

Overall, if you're just passing through and need a room a bit above average at a reasonable rate, this is a great stop. If you're vacationing for more than a few days, plan to drive to all attractions and restaurants --

Room Tip: Some rooms appear to be larger than others, . . .
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Keyboardlady,
Thank you for all the feedback on the hotel. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at an affordable rate. We appreciate all of the suggestions and continue to make changes regularly to meet all our guests needs. Hope to see you on your next trip to Davenport,

Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I travel quite a bit for business and stayed here at the last minute on a business trip. I picked the hotel b/c I stay at Comfort Inn & Suites often in Wisconsin (am a rewards member) and also read some of the reviews here on trip advisor. I was greeted by a really friendly front desk clerk who was more than helpful and was able to upgrade me to a king suite on the first floor. Fantastic. Rooms are nice….nothing extraordinary. Styling is very traditional but seemed to be fairly clean though which is important!

Because I was here when it was supposed to be -30 wind chill overnight, I brought my electrical cord to plug in my block engine heater. However, after checking the one place the clerk knew was available in the back, the 2 outlets were already being used. I asked if she knew of any other outlets and she didn't and said her manager was in a meeting (off-site) and didn't sound like she was available. I will give the gal credit though as she went outside to help me look really quick. I continued around the building (it was -25 wind chill at the time) and found a separate building that had an outlet. After checking with her, I moved my car over to their other building. I must be spoiled as the other hotels I've stayed at have outlets all around their hotels including the light poles especially if they're by a big truck stop like this location. Words to the wise. Might be something to look into and offer to your drivers in the cold of winter!

Nice larger flat screen TV but I've gotten spoiled as many hotels now offer HDTV……but not here. Desk and office chair were comfortable for working. Desk drawer is broken. The bathroom doesn't have a fan (or working fan?), lacks a long enough shower curtain so you have to keep checking to make sure the curtain is in the tub while showering, water kept backing up in the tub while showering too and the bath mat has seen better days. I'm not too picky and have spent fewer dollars for nicer amenities.

The heater/AC is the outside type that is still controlled at the unit by the window. There is a wall control is in the room by the closet but doesn't work??!! Not sure about that one?!

Also, a $1.50 safe deposit box charge is automatically charged to your room but they'll remove it if you ask. Not sure why more and more hotels are doing this but they've all removed the charge if you ask…..but you have to notice it on your bill first.

Beds were comfortable with nice linens.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits & gravy, pastries, muffins, toast, english muffins, bagels, yogurt and hard boiled eggs and then the usual drinks. No cereals or oatmeal.

Overall a decent and clean hotel for the business traveler.

Room Tip: I was in room 110 - King suite. However, it's next to the office/laundry room so be prepared to...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LocntryWI
Melissa C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear LocntryWI,
I want to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about the hotel. We truly appreciate the suggestions, it helps us to ensure we are meeting all our guests needs. I am happy that my staff was able to assist you in finding an outlet to plug in your vehicle. I hope that overall you enjoyed your stay and look forward to providing you with further accommodations in the future.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This hotel is in the northern suburbs of Davenport, right off of I-80. It's not a long drive to get into town for restaurants, museums, or to see the river. We arrived after a long flight and they were able to let us check in early, which was good. The room was quiet and clean. The included breakfast was nice and filling.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree the hotel is conveniently located right off of I-80 and not far from several restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay with us.
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were experiencing extremely poor conditions on I-80 (four semi trucks went off the road due to ice and wind) so we were forced off the road to this hotel. I was worried due to the fact that there is a "gentleman's club" right next to the hotel , but that ended up not being an issue. Everything inside the hotel was clean and safe. We did have a problem with the heater. It might have been 100 degrees when we first entered. After I called, I was told to use the thermostat on the window heater…not the one on the wall. Heat was good for the rest of the night. The breakfast begs for more excitement. The coffee was old, the food was yucky, the eggs looked nasty and the muffins were grim.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear VacationGirl222,
We want to extend our apologies to you for the issue you had with the heater in your room. I am glad that we got it resolved and you didn't have anymore trouble with it. I will make sure that housekeeping is aware of where we should be setting the temperature of the rooms, so we do not run into that issue in the future. I am glad that we could get you a safe place to stay to avoid the bad weather conditions.
Thank you for the feedback on the breakfast, I can look into some different options to ensure we are meeting the needs of all our guests.
We hope to see you again next time you are in the Davenport area.