“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
El Paso, Texas
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The staff is friendly and incredibly helpful. The cleanliness and appearance of this locale easily rivals any Homewood Suites or Garden Inn. I have been working in the Davenport for over two years and this Hampton Inn has always been my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic for a longer stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Davenport,IA, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Hotel is close to 1-90. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Brew pub across the parking lot has good food. Staff was helpful upon arrival. Breakfast was hot and good. Will stay at same hotel when I travel through the area again.

Erie Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The "only" place to stay in Davenport!! Staff most pleasant. Exceptionally clean and well maintained. Will definitely stay here again. Excellent breakfast selection. Great amenities. Wonderful restaurant next door that they recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I travel over 125 nights a year for business and am currently a Diamond member with Hilton and platinum member with Marriott. An important feature to me at all hotels is the speed of the internet so that I can complete my work quickly, stay in contact with family via Skype or face time, and if I am lucky stream some netflix. When I first checked in the speeds were slow (0.92 Mbps) but once the hotel became busy became unbearably slow (0,07 Mbps) In fact it seems so unbelievable I took a screen capture of the speedtest and attached it to this review. I called down to see what was going on and was told it was probably my computer (and iPhone apparently) and I could use the business center. I took him up on his offer and gave the business center a try which if you can believe it managed to be even slower! When I brought this to Michael's attention I was told it was due to the hotel being full and people were probably downloading huge files (which based on the speed a huge file to them must be 1 MB). I responded that if they can't handle a full house they should upgrade their internet as I have never had a problem anywhere else. To which Michael responded " The internet is free to you should be happy with what you get most other hotels charge you $14" This is patently false as I have stayed in Marriott and Hilton properties all over the world from Hamptons/Fairfields to JW/Waldorf and have not yet had to pay a penny for internet, in fact Marriotts offer a special high speed internet to gold and platinum members free of cost. Other than that the rooms are clean and the GM was friendly when I checked in. If you don't care about internet speeds this is not a bad place to stay, if you do I recommend the fairfield down the street on any other hotel nearby.

1 Thank MattTaub
wv
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Called the night before our arrival to make reservations, requested a first floor room because i do not ride elevators. Spoke with Mike and he said he could not gaurantee a first floor room but he would put in the request. When we arrived at about 10pm we were given a room on 4th floor! Mike was there and he stated that I had not requested a first floor room when i made the reservation,and I explained that I ALWAYS request a first floor room because of my phobia of elevators, my husband had been present when I called for the reservations so he knew I had asked for the preference, So I hiked my tired sorry self up 4 flights of stairs to my room. I received a note from mike under my door in the dark of the night apoligizing for the inconvience. TOO BAD for me, won't stay here again EVER. What happened to hampton Inn 100 percent??

1 Thank cardiacpam
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed here on our way to Chicago. We thought this was a Great hotel. It was quiet, very clean, and nicely updated. Breakfast had many excellent warm and cold choices. Good location. Easy access to highway. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 months on business. They made me feel right at home.Everyone was very friendly and helpful for my 3 month stay. Very clean, security was great. The breakfast was wonderful each day. Besides the staff, even the traveler's were friendly and courteous of each other. To say the least, the staff kept my sanity for my long trip. They were all wonderful!!!! I highly recommend this hotel to ensure you'll have a good time.
Bobbie S.