“Great location and Radisson quality”

Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great location and Radisson quality”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Recently stayed on business and my stay was uneventful... just the way I like it. Typical midwestern hospitality with friendly staff, clean property, and nice spacious rooms. Radisson always throws in the little things that most of their competitors don't such as free Internet all the time and bottles of water in you room at no charge. One of my biggest peeves is being nickel and dimed to death at hotels. Thanks Radisson!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Radisson on TripAdvisor, and thank you for staying with us! We pride ourselves on the customer service that we provide for our valued guests. Thank you for noticing our efforts and for commenting on our complimentary internet and complimentary bottled water, these are touches that we are happy to extend to our guests. We are very fortunate to have such a motivated, hard working team! I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time spent with us. We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Channahon, Illinois
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a dance competition and had a good experience in the past. Unfortunately this was prom weekend and we had kids running up and down the halls, screaming, knocking on doors from 10:00 pm on. I called the front desk and was told that when security comes in (not sure why there was no current security on duty) they will send them up. Called 2 more times for the same reason and by the third call at 1:30 am the front desk response was, "Really? They're out in the halls again?" My mother-in-law who was in the room next door and myself finally went into the hall and told the kids to go in a hotel room which they finally did. I mentioned this frustration at check out and instead of even acknowledging what I said he just took my room keys. I did fill out the hotel survey with my experience and received an email with the standard "we are working diligently to ensure it does not happen in the future... We appreciate the feedback." Some sort of personal acknowledgement like a phone call would have been appreciated instead of the standard form letter. Very disappointed especially when I had 2 dancers with barely any sleep for the next day of competition. Hotel Blackhawk it will be the next time. And I was not the only dance family with this unfortunate experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kari B
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Kari,

I understand your frustration with the experience you had at our Hotel. I can only extend my sincerest apologies and appreciation for bringing this matter to our attention in the survey so that our Management team can make the changes necessary to insure this does not happen again to any of our guests again. We value our relationship with our guests and strive to make every stay at the Radisson a pleasant one.

Our General Manager, Jayson Janda will be reaching out to you directly to discuss your stay in greater depth – in hopes we might have the opportunity to welcome you again. We strive to have every guest leave satisfied, and we are sincerely sorry that we were unable to achieve that in your recent visit with us.
Memphis, Missouri
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My sisters and I met for a girls' out trip. Location is downtown, but the cost was more than it was worth. No hot tub and the place looked like it was outdated. We paid for Riverview room, but did not get it. Restaurant was ok, but nothing fantastic. The day we were there it was below zero so the convenience of walking to attractions was not worth the cost. Sleep Number beds were advertised, but we did not have them in our room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
It is only through candid feedback like yours that we are able to see which areas in the hotel have the greatest opportunities. Your willingness to tell us about where we need to focus on improving is greatly appreciated. We hope that you will return to the Radisson again to give us another chance to show you how important your business is to us. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Decorah, Iowa USA
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Checked in as we had tickets for a concert at the Adler, within easy walking distance. Everything fine till we went into the bathroom, which had long black hairs on floor, tub, toilet and sink, giving the impression it had not been cleaned. Asked the housekeeping supervisor to either move us or clean the bathroom. Upon returning a few hours later, the hairs were out of the tub but still present on the other surfaces. Otherwise a comfortable place but the dirty bathroom makes the whole room feel dirty.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MartyDecorah_IowaUSA
Guest comfort and satisfaction is our top priority, and this incident has been taken very seriously. We work hard to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene throughout our hotel, along with a trained and knowledgeable Housekeeping team – both the best lines of defense to ensure that our guests enjoy clean and comfortable rooms.

Again, thank you. Your feedback is enormously valuable. We hope that you will consider returning to the Radisson. We are confident that your next experience at the Radisson will meet and exceed your expectations.
East Moline, Illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Recently I had my wedding reception with The Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel in Davenport. My husband and I could not have asked for better service. They were wonderful in guiding us through the entire planning process from start to finish. The ballroom was set up for prefection and absolutely goreous. The food and service was also excellent. The rooms were clean and confortable with excellent views of the river. I would recommend them for any event.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crystal P
Thank you so much for the kind words about our Staff during your Wedding! We are very fortunate to have such a phenomenal Wedding Coordinator, Bridget Otten! She is awesome in turning your dreams into reality. I will also be sure to share your compliments with our amazing Banquet and Kitchen Staff! We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Minnesota
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I spent three nights at the Radisson--he was in town on business and I came along for the vacation. Our room was upgraded to a king suite, which was quite decent. The bedroom, which overlooked the city, had floor to ceiling windows, while the living room had a much smaller window above the sofa, overlooking machinery on the roof, so that room stayed pretty dark. We were back at the end of a small hallway, well off the atrium, so it was quiet unless the people in the next room let their door slam. We had a sleep number bed, which was fine once we figured out the proper numbers.

The floor plan was fine, but the carpet and furniture are definitely showing their age. The room was pretty clean, and our housekeeper over that time dusted every day, but the corners could have used a going over now and then. The bath products were nothing fancy but quite adequate. Our towels were new, thick and very thirsty.

To us, the strongest point of this place was the customer service. The desk clerk who checked us in answered all our questions and gave detailed directions to different places downtown, the smiling room service attendant who brought our breakfast each morning couldn't have been nicer (and the food was great), and the housekeeper was so pleasant that I was sad when she had to leave each day and go clean the next room. We may never return to Davenport, but if we do, we'll stay at the Radisson.

Room Tip: Our king suite had a microwave and fridge, and really good division between living room and bedroom...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the recent experience you had with our staff and the service provided. Guest satisfaction is key to our industry, and I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. Once again, thank you for selecting our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Howell, MI
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for a Deere & Company awards function and Deere had reserved a block of rooms. From check-in to check-out I was very satisfied with the property. Hotel staff was very efficient and courteous. The room was satisfactory. Also held a business meeting while there and all the arrangements were well done and handled efficiently. Food service was also satisfactory.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Hampton Inn Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
#1 of 26 in Davenport

Been to Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!