“Fine” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois
“Fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Quad City Plaza for four nights recently. It was fine, not great, but not terrible either. The location is terrific, close to the Adler Theater, the casino, and lots of restaurants. The RiverCenter adjoins the hotel via skywalks. I enjoyed walking across the nearby "Bridge to Nowhere" and seeing its colorful lighting in the evening. The hotel looks nice from the outside, and the atrium is beautiful. There is a restaurant on the first floor, but I didn't eat there. My room had a pretty view of the Mississippi River. I thought there would be more noise since the rooms are off the atrium, but I didn't notice it being too loud. I did hear the train whistle from the nearby tracks in the middle of the night, but I thought it was quaint. The price was reasonable ($124 per night total, which includes taxes and the parking fee). The staff seemed very friendly.

The room was a little dated, and the wallpaper in the bathroom was starting to peel away. I noticed a cobweb on the ceiling, and there was a thin layer of dust on the bedside lamp. The room didn't smell fresh, which is important to me. My room had a sleep number bed and I was looking forward to trying it. I didn't notice a difference in the settings; maybe it was broken from guests like me who played with it trying to figure out how it worked!

If I returned to the area, I would probably opt for the nearby Hotel Blackhawk. For the event I attended, the Radisson rooms were $104 plus $8 for parking. The Blackhawk rooms were being offered for $139 with free parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank IlliniTrav
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We are glad that you had such a great experience during your stay. It is nice to hear our guests are so appreciative of our downtown location. Should you need a recommendation next time you stay, please ask our front desk and they would be happy to point you in the direction of some of Downtown Davenport's truly unique experiences! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and areas we can improve on. We welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Monroe, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The hotel was chosen by the bride and groom. The reception was at the hotel. The rooms were fine and we had a room overlooking the river. The train going through town several times during the day and night disrupted my sleep.
It was in the heart of town and easy to go into and out of. The room was clean and we ate breakfast in the restaurant.
The wedding reception was nice, food was good. The bar tenders later were older women and not very personable. I thought the drinks were a bit pricey considering the small quantity you were given.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river was nice. There is nothing that can be done about the noisey train going thr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the recent experience you had with our staff and the service provided. Guest satisfaction is key to our industry, and I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. Once again, thank you for selecting our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Moline, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel has a very nice location and beautiful lobby. However when we checked into our room and the radio was blaring! At first I thought we had walked into a rom which was occupied being I have never had this happen before. The floor had candy wrappers all over and when I walked into the bathroom to find a DIRTY, BROWN washcloth in the shower! I was so discussed! I Immediately called the front desk and spoke with someone about the problems with the room and she apologized. She then said she would have someone come to the room re-vacuum and clean our bathroom and would a also comp our breakfast because of the inconvenience. But when the made came to the room she just questioned me about the washcloth and left. Very rude and no comp for our breakfast. Will NOT stay here again for 250 a night I'll go to the other hotel in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy S
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, however I am sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory event experience. We pride ourselves on making sure our Guests are comfortable while at our hotel, and I apologize that we were unable to achieve that on your most recent experience. The problems that you encountered are completely unacceptable and will absolutely be addressed. I know that your experience is not indicative of what our hotel is capable of and I am certain that many of our processes can be improved because of your feedback. Thank you again for taking the time to give us some insight into your experience.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I recently visited Davenport Iowa and I stayed at the Radisson. The rooms were clean, the restaurant had a great selection and the staff were all most attentive and helpful.
Jason, the general manager, did everything to make my stay as njoyable as possible.
The bar staff,mKelly, Dani and Holly were great fun and were very knowledgable of the surounding area and drinks.
I would recommend his hotel to anyone and will be returning soon.
Thanks for a great Mid West welcome.
Billy Pooler UK

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Billypooler
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Radisson on TripAdvisor, and thank you for staying with us! We pride ourselves on the customer service that we provide for our valued guests. Thank you for noticing our efforts and for commenting on our amazing staff specifically! We are very fortunate to have such a motivated, hard working team! I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time spent with us.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

It would have been nice to have a room that doesn't stink like bad body odor and staff that are honest. The staff did give me an ionizer which they said I could use for 1 hour as that would get rid of the smell. It didn't. In fact, I asked to use it for the night and then I ended up using it for my entire stay. The smell did not go away. I wasn't given a new room nor was I offered any type of discount or anything else for my concerns. Then I found out that other family members who were also in the same type of room were paying $114/night rate. I was paying $164/night. And even though we were both on a group rate, I was told because I had a select comfort/sleep number adjustable bed, my rate was more. I didn't even know about this bed or request a room with such a bed. It would have been nice to know in advance (vs. being told at check out) and maybe I could have utilized this feature of this bed since I had to pay a $50 up-charge. I thought it ridiculous so I continued to complain. The front desk did give me $30 discount but wouldn't give me a full $50 discount because I had a select comfort bed. When I called back to ask if the Radisson charges extra for those beds, they said there wasn't an extra charge. So what gives here??? So not only did I pay more than what other members of my family paid, I had to endure a room that stunk very bad. And when I asked the staff about this, they were less than truthful about my room rate. This will be the last time I stay at this hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 304.... terrible body odor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Daveyboysju
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Quad City Plaza. We highly value our guest's perceptions of their experience here, whether positive or negative. It is only through receiving candid observations from our guests like yourself, that we can achieve our objective of providing the best hotel experience in the Quad Cities region.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to the Radisson Quad City Plaza again in the near future.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I recently stayed one night at that Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel as a quick stopover en route to a bachelor party weekend in Wisconsin. I booked my room through a Hotwire deal, and I thought I was getting a great deal at $73 a night. However, from my experience, that's all this hotel is worth... I would have been really disappointed had I paid the regular going rate of $131 a night. The only thing this hotel has going for it is its location in the heart of downtown Davenport, which makes it very convenient to several decent restaurants, bars, and other attractions in the area. However, the hotel itself is nothing special. It was clean, and the service was acceptable, but it's fairly dated, and the rooms were very basic. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a bad stay by any means, it just didn't live up to my expectations, and therefore I probably wouldn't choose to stay there again, even if I found a great deal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
It is only through candid feedback like yours that we are able to see which areas in the hotel have the greatest opportunities. Your willingness to tell us about where we need to focus on improving is greatly appreciated. We hope that you will return to the Radisson again to give us another chance to show you how important your business is to us. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The good: The rooms were clean and the facilities were in good shape.very convenient location if you are doing business on Rock Island Arsenal. Several nice brew-pubs to eat and drink nearby, nice TV, good wireless internet connection, comfortable beds, friendly and helpful staff etc.

The bad: No fridges or microwaves in the room. Breakfast buffet was a little pricey. The parking is ground level behind the hotel with no particular security other than a card reader and a lift arm.
There was nothing outstanding either good or bad about this hotel. I would probably stay here again for a short trip, but nothing over 2 or 3 days without a fridge, etc.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor. this is an atrium style hotel and the restaurant/lobby/bar noise can be...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. Also, thank you for choosing the Radisson! We, too, love the fact that we're located right downtown; It allows our guests to have access to multiple restaurants, bars, shopping, and attractions; all within walking distance! We welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Hampton Inn Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
#2 of 25 in Davenport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
BEST WESTERN Plus Steeplegate Inn
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport

Been to Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!