“Just an average hotel”

La Quinta Inn Davenport
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nothing outstanding. Room keys quit working in the a.m. had to wake wife to let me in room after my workout Breakfast was good. Beds were very, very comfortable. Fitness area dated. Hotel just seems old.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William O

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Reservation was all messed up, had to pay for a room that I was not given. My guest had to sleep on the floor since they failed to give me the room I reserved. Manager was very unhelpful and didn't resolve any issues! When asked for cooperate number, "I was told to look it up myself". Save your money and find somewhere else to enjoy your stay, because it won't be very enjoyable here!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jojo198902
LQDavenportGM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for staying at our hotel, and we apologize about the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. You were part of a group block with certain room types specified in the contract. I came in at 10:00 at night just to help you and spent 45 minutes with you and your friend to explain the situation, and I believed we had everything worked out as both of you were happy when you left. We did everything we could including offering to move you to another room that night and that fit your needs better as well as having our wonderful staff move you the next day. Your friend took us up on our offer, but unfortunately, both offers were refused on your end. When you returned to the front desk the next day at 9pm to ask to be moved, we were unable to move you because our hotel was sold out, and everyone had already checked-in.

A TripAdvisor Member
Joliet, Illinois

Nice place...pretty clean. Decent free breakfast. Would stay here again
One front desk clerk could have been a bit nicer. We showed up an hour early before check in. The desk clerk that checked us in was nice and tried to get us keys early. When she asked the other clerk, she rolled her eyes, snapped rudely and said "they have to come back at 3...that's check in time." I felt bad for the desk clerk helping me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the issue that you encountered at check in. It is certainly not our policy to have people leave until check in if their room is not clean. our guests are always welcome to sit in our newly remodeled lobby and watch TV, enjoy some coffee, tea or freshly baked cookies! Our pool area is always open to our guests also.
I will be using this as a training tool to make sure that this does not happen in the future.
Thank you again for your review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us! Please come visit again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We are so pleased with this hotel we wouldn't stay anywhere else. The staff goes above and beyond. The rates are great. It kills me to spend a fortune for a room that is just going to be used to lay my head. Beds are comfy, staff very friendly, and we always look forward to breakfast after a good nights sleep. Always treated well. Will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I can't say much bad about this hotel, I stayed for a quick day trip to a funeral and it was clean, accommodating, and the staff was very friendly. The Breakfast spread is amazing, and the biscuits and gravy made my morning. The Pool area was small, with no hot tub, but they didn't seem to mind me swimming late at night (I couldn't sleep) Overall a great little spot to stop, RIGHT off the interstate (a little noise, but nothing to worry about)

Room Tip: First Floor