“It accepts pets!”

Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“It accepts pets!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've stayed at 2 La Quintas and this was the better of them. I and my dog walked in off of the street and they had a room. The lobby/breakfast area was pleasantly decorated. Breakfast was delicious. The service was outstanding. Everybody was very friendly and helpful. The room was mostly clean. I'm always doubtful of the carpet and bedspread wherever I go so I wear shoes and the bedspread comes off the bed. The linens and towels were clean. The bathroom was clean and the shower had great water pressure! The bed was bumpy and bouncy but it functioned as a bed. I was surprised to find no refrigerator or microwave in the room, but the staff put my ice packs in their freezer and I was able to retrieve them at 2 a.m. There is a nice indoor swimming pool with an outdoor lounging area. They have a small exercise room. The outside of the facility is well-lit. I had no trouble going out the back door at 1 a.m. and taking the puppy across the parking lot to the mowed strip of grass before the fence to go potty. I and the dog are very light sleepers. We were never disturbed by any kind of noise especially from the busy highway on the other side of the fence I could see from my room. The location was very convenient - close to I 74, Duck Creek Park (think golf!), shopping at Duck Creek Center and the people I was visiting in 3 of the Quad Cities. My only complaint was that I found it expensive for what I got. I don't know how families can afford to travel.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator and the ice machine next to it. They are noisy and experience a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at four different La Quintas on a cross country move with my three dogs and cat. I had never stayed at a dog friendly hotel so I didn't have high expectations. While I was quite impressed with other La Quintas on the journey, this one ranked just above dive.

The hotel looks miserable, outside and in. The room smelled of urine and had burns in the carpets and linens. The linens themselves had dirty marks on them. Paint peeled in the bathroom and the grout was beyond cleaning.

I did not feel safe walking out to my car in the late evening. It was worsened by the group of men that the night clerk was entertaining right outside the lobby. It looked like every street rat around was grouped up out front.

Walking your dog involves small strips of grass between the hotel and several other businesses.

The hotel was so filthy that I only momentarily felt remorse when one of my dogs had an accident on the bed. If anything, the sheets will get a better cleaning for the next customer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
LQDavenportGM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Davenport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hello Natalie
I see that the stay you are writing a review about was in October of 2013. I would first like to apologize for the issues that you had during your stay. I can assure you that a mountain of changes have taken place since your last stay! I am also very excited to let you know that this winter we will be doing a complete revamp of our guest rooms! We are very excited about this and think that it will be a perfect start to the new year! I would like to invite you to come and revisit us after the remodel.
Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you soon.
Kelly Martin

Travellers are raving about these Davenport hotels

Mountain Grove, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We chose this motel (online) because of the competitive rate. Called to question if there was a frig. We were then given a room with one. It was clean, quiet, with great employees and was in a convenient location. We were in for a reunion across the river in IL and in will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Toledo, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nothing outstanding. Room keys quit working in the a.m. had to wake wife to let me in room after my workout Breakfast was good. Beds were very, very comfortable. Fitness area dated. Hotel just seems old.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank William O
Crest hill
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Reservation was all messed up, had to pay for a room that I was not given. My guest had to sleep on the floor since they failed to give me the room I reserved. Manager was very unhelpful and didn't resolve any issues! When asked for cooperate number, "I was told to look it up myself". Save your money and find somewhere else to enjoy your stay, because it won't be very enjoyable here!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jojo198902
LQDavenportGM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Davenport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel, and we apologize about the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. You were part of a group block with certain room types specified in the contract. I came in at 10:00 at night just to help you and spent 45 minutes with you and your friend to explain the situation, and I believed we had everything worked out as both of you were happy when you left. We did everything we could including offering to move you to another room that night and that fit your needs better as well as having our wonderful staff move you the next day. Your friend took us up on our offer, but unfortunately, both offers were refused on your end. When you returned to the front desk the next day at 9pm to ask to be moved, we were unable to move you because our hotel was sold out, and everyone had already checked-in.
A TripAdvisor Member

Nice place...pretty clean. Decent free breakfast. Would stay here again
One front desk clerk could have been a bit nicer. We showed up an hour early before check in. The desk clerk that checked us in was nice and tried to get us keys early. When she asked the other clerk, she rolled her eyes, snapped rudely and said "they have to come back at 3...that's check in time." I felt bad for the desk clerk helping me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the issue that you encountered at check in. It is certainly not our policy to have people leave until check in if their room is not clean. our guests are always welcome to sit in our newly remodeled lobby and watch TV, enjoy some coffee, tea or freshly baked cookies! Our pool area is always open to our guests also.
I will be using this as a training tool to make sure that this does not happen in the future.
Thank you again for your review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us! Please come visit again soon!
Rockwell City, Iowa
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We are so pleased with this hotel we wouldn't stay anywhere else. The staff goes above and beyond. The rates are great. It kills me to spend a fortune for a room that is just going to be used to lay my head. Beds are comfy, staff very friendly, and we always look forward to breakfast after a good nights sleep. Always treated well. Will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family