“wonderful”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a unique little place that serves things out of the ordinary. Very good and interesting menu. Limited seating.

2  Thank Virginia K

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We made a special trip to Decorah to eat lunch here on our way through Iowa.
So glad we did!

My son absolutely loved his burger! Done perfectly with great topping combos.
The quiche specials- one veggie, the other with bacon were good. Made with local organic eggs.
The side salads that came with were perfectly dressed in a delicious herb vinaigrette.
My daughter had the crab cakes but asked for the avocado salsa on the side.
The crab cakes were crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Only thing we would change would be to have the aioli on the side.
The crab cakes were on a thick bed of it that was too much. If you weren't careful making your bite, it overpowered the delicate, lovely crab.

Would love to come back!

2  Thank Suzette38
Reviewed 26 November 2013

They serve great food and use locally sourced products as much as possible. Good wine and beer list. The food is very good but the portions are small and ala carte. It is a small restaurant so reservations are recommended. Great late night stop for appetizers and drinks.

1  Thank Edie108
Reviewed 18 November 2013

An early bird dinner - 5:30 - prior to seeing a concert in Decorah. A glass of wine for my companion and a local beer - Toppling Goliath for me. A canoe of olives - a few too many was followed by the Escolar with bacon and leeks special for me and a crab and spinich pasta for my companion. Both dishes were very good. At first I found the sauce for the fish to be a bit too salty but changed my mind midmeal as I thought it complimented the mild fish very well. Portionis were a perfect size - not to big but not skimpy. Las Rana was recommended by a friend from the Decorah area. I too would recommend it.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Coming from out of town, we enjoyed a leisurely lunch with friends we'd not seen for a long time, and our pace was readily accommodated. The food was very good, but we thought the amount was a bit on the light side. We look forward to a return visit one day.