“Expensive for very little”

Koreana Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 42 Restaurants in Decorah
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Minot, North Dakota
“Expensive for very little”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It's an attractive if fussily decorated place, but the servings are very small, especially for the prices they charge. I apologized to my hungry dining companion after he received little more than a cup of very watery curry with a not-much larger bowl of rice as an entree. I've had more flavorful sushi from a supermarket in central Missouri than what I had here.

Visited March 2014

Brighton, Colorado
“Interesting choice in a small town”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

While I've certainly had better sushi, this is rather surprising in a small midwestern town. We tried three different sushis - all were ok. Our waiter was helpful and pleasant - but had too many tables. The waitstaff was overwhelmed by a large crowd. It's worth a try if you wander by...

• Visited May 2014
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Worst Sushi Ever!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Worst Sushi ever. Pretty sure that's ketchup or cocktail sauce on my spicy salmon. Who does that? Oh probably to hide there is no salmon in it. Then the Sunrise roll is soaked in sauce its disgusting. The menu says "drizzled." If I wanted to eat spoonfuls of spicy mayo I would have asked for more on the side and skipped the roll. I am also upset I was charged full price when I couldn't even eat most of the wet sloppy mess on my plate. Also the older gentleman coughed into my water before setting it on my table. Thankfully, I also ordered green tea which was covered.

• Visited May 2014
Decorah, Iowa
“wonderful dining”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love this place. The unique oriental menu is very interesting and it is fun to try different things each time. Nice and quiet.

• Visited February 2014
Decorah, Iowa
“Small town sushi? You bet and with great atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Who would think you could find great sushi in a small town but you do. They also have great Korean food and their lunch specials are the best deal in town! The decorating is very oriental and very relaxing. Here's a secret, there is a special toilet in the woman's rest room with a heated seat.

Visited June 2013