“Comfort food with delightful service”
Review of Ruby's

Ruby's
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Decorah
Cuisines: American
Stillwater, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfort food with delightful service”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I stopped in to Ruby's for a quick lunch while waiting for my husband. What a treat! I had a steaming hot bowl of hamburger vegetable soup and a side of homemade lefse. I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch, the service and my carry out treat of a Ronny's famous cinnamon roll and more lefse!

• Visited December 2013

Ames Iowa
“Cinnamon Roll Heaven”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

When in Decorah, it is a tradition of many families to get a cinnamon roll from Ruby's. These cinnamon rolls are huge and sure to satisfy.

Visited October 2013
Menomonie, Wisconsin
“Exceptional service, great food”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

If you're new to Decorah, and stop at Ruby's, Jo will welcome you with the same comfortable charm and concern that she uses for the locals, who she also takes extremely good care of. Food was excellent, service was better.

• Visited June 2013
Brevard, North Carolina
“Perfect Diner Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

On a recent trip to Decorah we had both a breakfast and a lunch at Ruby's. We had visited once before and have never been disappointed with any of the options we have had. Great food, reasonable prices and attentive and engaging wait staff are all pluses for this place. A great place for down home food---the meatballs are fabulous!

Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“I try to eat here whenever I'm in the area”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The best beet pickles I've ever tasted were served here. I tried to coax the recipe from the manager -- no luck. She grows the beets herself. Breakfast is great and the sweet rolls are awesome. A collection of Ruby glass items is part of the decor. This is a simple cafe, and within that category it is a 5.

Visited October 2012

Been to Ruby's? Share your experiences!