“Big House” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salisbury House

Salisbury House
Ranked #11 of 60 things to do in Des Moines
More attraction details
Owner description: The King's House in Salisbury, England, was the inspiration for this Tudor mansion.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Big House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Beautiful grounds,lots Of Big Dark European antiques. Nice artwork! My kids were impressed + behaved well! lots of walking! I'm sure we would have learned more/the guide but he was busy/ others. was a nice outting for family!

Visited July 2013

Ottumwa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

It's well kept and very nice. We went with a group of preschoolers for a feild trip (i wouldn't recommend it fir that young of kid) but they had them do crafts and dance around a may pole so it worked out

2 Thank Tina T
Denver, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Cool house”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Overall this house was nice. I was a little lost for most of my trip. The people that were wandering around the premises seemed nice, but there was not much socialization going on while we visited. It was rather quiet, but like I said the house was nice and I guess that is what matters.

Visited September 2012
Ames, Iowa
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“History”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

A very classy structure with so much history. It's well kept and the information they provided gave us good background.

Des Moines, Iowa, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Is this Iowa? I felt that I was in a different country in a different time. The artwork is beautiful. You can see master painters close-up and in a natural setting; not on a white museum wall. The library is a must see for all. If you enjoy beautiful things in a natural environment, then Salisbury House is the place to go.

Visited December 2012