Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a delightful night. The hotel was clean the rooms spacious and we'll - appointed and staff friendly and efficient. Would most definitely recommend without hesitation for your travels to Des Moines.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I don't give five stars very easily ... but from the time I arrived after midnight and someone walked out to the cab to greet me and immediately had things ready for my room, to the morning's breakfast experience, and pleasant shuttle driver, I was impressed. I have stayed at many full service Marriotts previously (including one tonight) and have not had the same quality of service.
My room was very clean, staff were very pleasant. I would stay here again in a heartbeat if I were in Des Moines.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NortheastJSj
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here before flying for a vacation. We took advantage of the park stay and fly offer. We arrived late in the evening and the check in assistant was very friendly and made sure to cover all the details for our stay. Specifically make sure we were signed up for the shuttle in the morning for our flight. The breakfast hours were listed from 6:30 to 9:00 (i think). Our flight was scheduled for 6AM and the attendant told us most of the breakfast items would be out by 4AM in time to grab a little something before catching the shuttle.

The room was very clean and updated. The bed was soft and pillows over stuffed and nice. The bathroom was good sized and clean.

We scheduled a wake up call for the morning. It was made on time and we were able to get down for some yogurt, toast, fruit, juice, coffee, and a muffin. The hot items were not out or available yet.

The shuttle was on time and nice. The hotel is only about 5 minutes from the airport.

The return was just as smooth, and the driver dropped us off at our car rather than dropping us off at the front of the hotel. It saved us some time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oferiniowa
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stopped by this hotel to visit my parents. I live in Colorado and them I'm Iowa. I brought my dog with me and the night worker was very rude. Told me I had to keep my dog in the car! I informed her that I would only be here for a couple of hours as I was waiting for my ride she didn't care at all. Was rude and threatened to give me a $500 fine. Never staying at this hotel again or any other Fairfield inn for that matter. Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Kassheck
Jamie F, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. Our pet policy is designed to ensure a great stay for current and future guests. With the challenges created in removing all pet dander and the severity to people with pet allergies, Marriott chooses to not accommodate guests with pets.

We are glad that your parents had a good stay while guests of the hotel. I apologize that our policy was not communicated to you effectively or other options of local kennels or hotels that do accommodate pets was not offered.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My normal hotel for Des Moines business trips was not available so choose this one. I've become more comfortable staying in the airport area for whatever reason. You can hear planes, but they're not too bad. Otherwise, the noise at this hotel is fairly quiet.

"High speed internet" isn't so high speed. Yes, you'll get anywhere from 4-8 mbps download depending on WIFI load. However, in 2014, that is hardly "high speed" in my opinion. There were times when slow loading times were very apparent (taking a minute or more to load webpages, not being able to check e-mail or load YouTube, etc.).

The TV was also kind of funky. Some channels wouldn't work, other channels would have their picture and/or audio break up (kind of like satellite in the rain, but only it was a clear and sunny day and I'm pretty sure it's cable TV).

The above two paragraphs are the reason for the 4/5 rating.

The hotel staff was terrific. Check in was quick, check out was quicker. Very clean hotel. Do wish there was some more restaurants that were closer, but that is no fault of the hotel and I'm sure there will be some more restaurants built in this area soon.

The next door steakhouse is expensive. There is a menu in the rooms. Glad there was because I would have wasted a trip if there wasn't. I wouldn't have paid a dollar for anything on the menu. This could be because I'm picky when it comes to steaks — I like them pretty Plain Jane.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here at all.

1  Thank Kyle O
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This facility is very well maintained and presentable.

Clean as a whistle. Everywhere, rooms and public areas.

Large rooms. Speedy and reliable internet. Very agreeable staff. Up to date and quality linens and bedding. I had a very comfy bed.

Easy and ample free parking.

Great location for airport or speedy exit via the interstates.

The food in the adjoining restaurant, which serves as room service for the Fairfield, was just ok.

They apparently serve a real breakfast in-house, but I don't wake up with the cows and therefore didn't partake of the complimentary meal.

Downside.....my tv didn't work properly, kept turning itself off. The electric outlets on the lamp did not work (other posters report same problems). The remote control needed new batteries.

The ultra clean rooms and very eager and agreeable staff more than made up for the problems I experienced.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This Fairfield Inn is near the Des Moines Airport. They provide a free shuttle to the airport. The breakfast is good. They also provide free drink tickets to Johnny's Restaurant, which is located next door. The food at the restaurant is good, and the drinks are excellent. This hotel is located adjacent to the Doubletree Inn.