“Good food But ...”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
“Good food But ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Watch it !!!! The owner will charge you extra for " Hot sauce"?????
I came on business to the area and the concierge at my hotel told me about that place.
Food was ok but the-
"Open food- $1" made me wondering ?? So I asked and answer made me very upset !

• Visited August 2013

Bentonville, Arkansas
“Quaint Neighborhood Sushi Shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Lunch for 2

My husband and I were passing through Des Moines and wanted to grab a bite to eat.

LOCATION: Right off the 235. Easy to find. Street parking mostly.

ATMOSPHERE: Small, homey and a lot of little personal touches. Walls were scaffold panels to look like they could slide across the room. It seemed like a make-shift shop but I think it's the look they're going for. A little tight with the seating, but not too bad.

FOOD: My husband got the udon noodles. It was a bit too salty, but flavor was nice. We also ordered a few rolls as well. The fish could have been a little fresher, but for being a landlocked state, it was pretty good.

The one thing my husband and I noticed right away was the rice. The rice used in the sushi was REALLY good! Probably one of the best sushi rice I've had. It had the perfect saltiness, stickiness, tenderness and just the right amount of vinegar. I know it takes a long time for sushi chefs to perfect their rice and these guys have definitely accomplished that much. Unlike most sushi restaurants I've been too, where the chefs were young and impatient, the chefs were these older gentlemen who walked around greeting guests, stepped outside to get some fresh air and took their time with preparing our meal. You can see they've been doing this for a long time.

SERVICE: Our server did not seem happy to be there. She just didn't put much effort into anything. We got our menu, our drinks and our food - I'm fine with that, but better service would have been nice.

OVERALL: Nice experience. However, the prices were a little higher than I was used to. If I lived in the area, I probably would not go as often as I'd like but only due to the prices.

• Visited August 2013
Ankeny, Iowa
“Best sushi in village setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Miyabi 9 is a very small restaurant and when crowded, is like eating in a cafeteria, but I don't think the sushi there could be any better. It's served with flair and delights me each time.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Patricia M
“Great, fresh sushi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

First time ever having sushi and I really enjoyed it. My friend and I had the Des Moines roll (salmon, cucumber,avocado) and thought it was very good. We also had fried shrimp with vegetables which wasn't as good as the sushi. It was plenty of food but was a bit greasy - would have been great just grilled. That was the only disappointing part of the dinner. The restaurant was very quiet and had a small number of guests for a Thursday night. Our service was quick and helpful.

• Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Good Sushi.... very slow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

The gal who was serving us was either new or had too much on her mind. The sushi itself was good. The service just took too long for such a small number of clients.

Visited April 2013