“Great place to bring kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Juice Company

The Juice Company
Ranked #6 of 10 Dessert in Des Moines
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great place to bring kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

You're missing out on one of the best kept secrets in Des Moines if you've never been to this place. Very bright and cheery inside....the multi-colored walls just make you feel happy to be there. My grandkids wanted smoothies from a fast food joint, but I said nope---we're going to get better smoothies. They protested, but after I took them here and they got their choices, they said they were the best they ever tasted. I always get their mean green juice because I have eczema and it seems to help it, but the kids tried the banana with peanut butter, the mango pineapple, and the one other--I forget which, but they liked them and can't wait to go back. Makes me feel good because they had a treat with fresh fruit and no "crap." Always hard to get kids to eat something that's good for them instead of candy and junk food, so I have to give this business 5 stars for that reason alone.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Minco N

Des Moines, Iowa
“Was GAINING weight before my wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

In case there are any brides out there finding themselves in my situation, I want to share about my experience at this place. Long story short, after ordering my wedding dress, I gained a full dress size and was panicking plus embarrassed. Wedding planning stresses were taking a toll
and my diet was failing. Went to Juice Co one night. Was closed when I got there but someone inside saw me and let me in. I have to say I was a little overwrought and started to cry but the lady was so nice and I felt assured that doing a juice fast would be the last ditch effort that would save me. Apparently you have to order their juice fast a day ahead, but I was so desperate to start the next day that she gave me one she had just made for someone else and said she'd just make another one. I ended up doing their juice fast for four days that week and four days the next week and I lost the dress size. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic. I pop in and get a smoothie to have a low cal lunch a couple times a week now, and doing a juice fast one day a week to maintain. Another unexpected benefit was my skin looks better and not so many breakouts. I highly recommend this place---everything I've tried was delicious, its bright, clean and friendly.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Marybarngirl
“You'll love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just finished a three day juice cleanse that I bought at The Juice Company. Lost SEVEN pounds in three days, had a lot more energy than I thought I'd have. Could not have been happier with the whole experience. Paid $22 for each day and think it was a bargain. Got a blender at home and could have made it myself, but hate doing all the vegetable cleaning and chopping and then I have to clean up the mess I make. There seems to be a trick to making things taste good, because I've made more than my share of juice that taste like crap and consider my failures as money I poured down the drain. Considering doing this every month because it was easier than I thought it would be. The owner gave me free samples of the green juices before I went ahead with it and she was really nice and gave me some very good tips about making the three days successful for me. Was concerned that "ahem" I'd need to run to the bathroom constantly but she's the kind of reassuring person you can broach a subject like this and anticipated what I was going to ask and kind of ran with it so it turned out not to be embarrassing.
Have to say I disagree 100% with the person who said this place was "depressing". Not sure what axe she had to grind, but I've been coming here awhile and have seen continuous upgrades, new paint, new furniture and have found everyone to be friendly and they even greet me by name. There are empty boxes accumulating on a freezer and I found out when I did my juice fast that they recycle all the boxes their supplies come in and package the juice fasts in them, in lieu of throwing boxes in the dumpster. So if you like recycling---don't hate the boxes. I even RETURNED my boxes back to them and they said they were considering getting their own boxes made but it would add a dollar a day to the cost of the juice fasts and wondered what I thought. Don't do it, Juice Company, don't do it....keep recycling those boxes!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Food4thought2014
“Delicious protein shakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This place has amazing smoothies with many flavor choices. I tend to always go for the Nutty Banana protein shake. Stop in and try this place, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank M J
“Loved my Green Juice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I needed a green juice badly to detox and grab something healthy since I've been bad lately and need to turn that around. Usually I make my own juice but was on the fly and I can get really bored with the concoctions I come up with as I don't create a lot of variety and tend to stay with one thing. Also, as you know when you juice yourself and try something new, you can be making something good then add one more thing and then it doesn't taste good.
I popped into this place---always wanted to try it, and am extremely glad that I did. Wasn't sure what I wanted so they gave me samples before I ordered and I liked all but ended up ordering their Green Hornet and it was absolutely delicious juice. Somebody there really knows what they're doing to combine various fruit and vegetable components and come up with a juice that is healthy and tasty. The person who served me was extremely friendly and helpful.
I don't live in this neighborhood, but I will definitely go out of my way to come back for more juice in the near future. I was told I could get this juice by the gallon and will definitely be ordering it that way as well.

• Visited January 2014