“Vacuum please”

Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Vacuum please”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Nice motel, fairly new, staff seemed friendly, free breakfast was ok (waffle maker, biscuits gravy, rolls, bananas, yogurt, coffee, oatmeal, juice). Room was $89 plus tax. And other than the following was a nice room with microwave and fridge. I got there late the first night and had to get to work early the next morning and didn't notice the dirty carpet (visible loose hair that collected on my socks, dust and accumulation around the edges) until the second evening. As I was leaving that second morning I told the desk clerk that the carpet in my room was dirty and to please make sure that my room got vacuumed. Didn't happen. I checked out the next morning and when they asked if everything was ok I said "no, I asked to have my room vacuumed and the carpet was still dirty". The clerk said he was sorry - OH WELL.....
Unfortunately I see more and more service at this level these days, it just seems like lots of folks in service positions either don't care about their work or corporate doesn't provide much positive incentive to be proactive and responsive - VERY disappointing

Room Tip: ask for a room opposite the Interstate side
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Illinois City
Reviewed 26 August 2014

From check in to check out, everything was great. that back door entrance brought us right to the steps to our room, and the room was the first one off the steps.
For a senior couple, that was appreciated.
It would be best to have an elevator, however, but I know how expensive that can be to install and maintain one.
Breakfast was good because it had fresh fruit, yogurt, etc., and good coffee and juice.

It was quiet, but that is why we generally stay on the top floors of the hotels we stay in

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I travel extensively (worked in 40 states and 7-8 countries) , pay my own bills(self employed), and stay cheaper than some. (Rather buy a meal, a drink or an event ticket. ) and this is one of the best Super 8's I have ever been to. Clean, a place to work out, convenient to the interstate and eating locations... Good internet... and tv. Confortable beds.. Good showers... A sauna ( a Super 8 with a sauna)...
I have stayed here 6-10 times over the last five years...
Worth it for a traveler without spending too much money....

Room Tip: Have not had a bad room. Stayed in 5-6 rooms here. Suite was nice and roomy...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Mulberry, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked a couple of rooms here for the night of Aug. 15th, 2014. The Iowa State Fair was going on, so I didn't know how it would work out. The oldest son was meeting us here, and we thought our youngest was too. The youngest had to cancel. The oldest brought his girl friend with him. We had 2 rooms booked. Ours had double queen beds(one was for the youngest boy). Being it was so late when he cancelled, we could not downsize that late. Had trouble figuring out the coffee pot in the room. And also the hair dryer in the bathroom didn't work. Other than that, it was a great place to stay. We did go to the fair. Saw Eric Pasley in concert, then went dancing at Miss Kitty's. This is a good place to stay. And Miss Kitty's is a good place to go dancing. It's nearby.

Room Tip: I read reviews on many of the local motels. To many of them had a bunch of bad reviews. I almost can...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive

Been to Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines? Share your experiences!