“Thankful”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband's a professional truck driver,the co. he works for sent him here to pick up another part for truck.He's never been to Iowa before & neither have I.It was good to know that I could ride along.Before coming to this hotel,we had made several stops to find something closer to our place of pickup from business.At one place we had a reservation the room wasn't clean & we were told to come back in a half hour by the time we came back,the room was given to someone else.We were exhausted & just wanted to settle in to rest after the long drive from Macon,Ga.Fortunately we found this hotel.The young man at the front desk was very kind,patient,&helpful.After meeting so many Rude & Unfriendly people we felt Blessed &at ease for having come here.Should we come to DesMoines,Ia. again this will be our 1st stop for comfort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mary J

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here on our way west. Price was right, very close to I-80. Warning: google maps will tell you to turn left off of exit 136. Don't! There is no way to get to the hotel that way. It takes you back to the freeway. We had to take the next exit and circle back. So....turn right!

Rooms: pillows aren't great, very lumpy. If you like a hard mattress you'll like these beds. They are hard. AC works well.

Bathroom: very low water pressure. Mold on shower curtain. No trash can in bathroom, which is inconvenient.

Pool/hot tub: pool is cold! Hot tub is nice. Mold on ceiling and on floor tiles.

Ice machine was out of order on our floor.

Wifi was not good. Often service was non existent. Told front desk, they said "give it a minute"

Elevator is hot and has an odd smell like....hot glue. Odd uh?!

Breakfast was the standard free breakfast.

Staff was very nice! Very helpful.

Some staff were smoking right outside the main entrance which was a little off putting.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank WearyTraveler1121
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel was just okay. My fiancee and I stayed here because he was in town on business. I came here with him last year as well. We almost stayed somewhere else this time around but I thought that it wouldn't hurt to save some money. The toilet in the first room that we were assigned kept running. We called the front desk and were switched to another room on another floor. I was grateful for that even though the new room did not have the refrigerator and microwave that the first room had. Nevertheless we stayed for two nights. The second night my fiancée called the front desk and asked for a late check out. The person at the front desk asked him what time he would like to check out. He asked when was the latest that we could check out and was told 1:30. So, he chose that time. The next morning I received a courtesy call from the front desk reminding me that check out would be at noon. I told her that we called the night before and would be checking out at 1:30. She told me that the latest that I could check out was 1:00. I told her that the person we spoke with the previous night said that we could check out at 1:30 but that I would check out at 1:00 (since we were apparently given the wrong information). A few minutes later Housekeeping knocked on my door. I yelled "no thank you." They asked me if I was "staying over." I said "yes" a few minutes after that I received another call from the front desk saying that housekeeping told her that we wanted to stay another night. I told her no and that we would be checking out at one.

Clearly there needs to be better communication amongst the staff all around. We will definitely pay a little more next year and stay at a better hotel.

Pros: decent room
Free wifi
Included breakfast

Cons: staff need to communicate with each other
Near the noisy expressway

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KidPsych
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The staff are very friendly and the front desk guy Matt was a very much help he helped us bring in our things to our room as the cart was gone. Matt is a nice funny guy that can put a smile on anyones face and would do much to go out of his way to help. The rooms was very clean and very cozy. The breakfast was very good. I would glady stay there again. Motel 6 behind them are cheaper but much more run down and you dont get what you get at Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank betty g
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The drawbacks are it is noisy, not enough outlets for electricity and not a great selections of restaurants nearby. On the other hand the place is clean , wi fi is great and the breakfast is good and hot. I would not use it for an extended stay but it is okay for a couple of nights.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert I
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Des Moines on the third floor. Room appeared neat and clean but a bit run down. Spiders came out as the night wore on. Killed at least 14. Some were crawling on us in bed. We saw them when we had to turn the light on to see what was happening. Creepy. Left at 4 am and headed back home. We only wanted a clean, safe place to sleep. Never again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel on our way back to the Twin Cities. It was clean and the staff were friendly. The room was good size.
The breakfast was good. The staff was there constantly refilling and making sure it was clean.
The price was very good, we used the AAA discount.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple