“This aint your mama's brussel sprouts”

Zombie Burger + Drink Lab
Ranked #6 of 574 Restaurants in Des Moines
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Overland Park, Kansas
“This aint your mama's brussel sprouts”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I would tell you that I hate brussel sprouts, but then I would be lying. The ONLY place I'll ever eat them is at Zombie Burger. They are fantastically flavored and come with some great dipping sauces (although they don't need it). The burger menu is out of this world - lots of variety and nice combinations of flavors. I had the nachos and loved them - with flour tortilla chips being one of the things that sets them apart from other nachos. Unfortunately, I was there on business or I would have tried one of their fabulous looking concoctions at the bar. Really cool environment.

• Visited November 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“OMG... this place is cool”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great concept, great menu, good food.
The staff are fun, the decor is amazing, drink menu fun.
So many choices for food, and it's always fun to read the different descriptions.
Favourite example: Undead Elvis: peanut butter, fried bananas, bacon, cheese, egg and mayo.
Yeah.... that's all I'm gonna say.

You gotta eat here.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank abastara
Aurora, Colorado
“Quirky Burgers You Want to See!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Replace your bun with two grilled cheese sandwiches? You can have it here! How about fried mac and cheese instead of a bun? Not a problem! Have some garlic bacon and blue cheese fries with your burger. Need veggies? Try a fried brussels sprout or two. The food is terrific and different from your typical burger joint. Indulge while you're here - climb back on the treadmill tomorrow. Tip: Check out the menu online before you go, they have a lot of options!

3 Thank Teal E
Waterloo, Iowa
“Just in time for Halloween!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We visited Zombie Burger for the first time this past weekend before Halloween. The décor is pretty awesome--love the wicker casket on the wall and the gory clown head above the bar! The burgers are the most outrageously named and equally as good. I have NEVER seen deep fried brussel sprouts anywhere in my life, but here they were and they were awesome! Loved the waitress's costume and the service was Xcellent as well. Worth the 45 minute wait to get in and will definitely go back. Just an amazing fun experience.....

3 Thank Gloria K
Midlothian, Texas
“Overwhelming Menu from which to choose...too many choices makes for indecision”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I know exactly why the wait is long at Zombie Burger. It's the long, detailed menu! If you are a newbie like I was standing there looking at all the choices and eccentric combinations...my OCD kicked into high gear...what to choose...oh my gosh, what to choose. I settled on a burger with blue cheese, prosciutto and ??? already forgotten. The burger patty was kinda on the small side and thin, the proscuitto thick and chewy (almost like a dried out ham slice)...not paper thin deli style ( which I prefer). The bun sort of melted all together with the burger, cheese and special sauce and disintegrated as I ate. Alongside the burger I tried the french fries smothered in a brown gravy and cheese curds...not anything this Texan is accustomed to eating...don't think I would order the extra toppings next time. I'll stick to plain fries with ketchup from now on...more affordable as well. I must say...the fries portions are humongous! Overall, it is an interesting place to visit with a creative menu, but the choices really should be narrowed down if you want to get the ordering process moving along faster.

4 Thank busymomof4boys