“Iowa BBQ at its Best”
Review of Smokey D's BBQ

Smokey D's BBQ
Ranked #7 of 598 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: "Opened by award winning pitmasters, this restaurant just off I-80 on Des Moines' north side is a BBQ lovers dream and would be a real gem for travelers". New Smokey D's location. There are two others.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I come here, atleast ONCE a month. We truly enjoy the daily specials, which range from steak fingers to cheeseburger sliders! We've honestly never had a bad meal here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We take our dog just about everywhere we go, including out to meals! We always look for places with outside seating. We picked this place because it had a large patio. However, there were signs everywhere definitively stating that no pets were allowed! That being said the barbecue was actually pretty tasty. We had beef brisket and the pork burnt ends both were very tasty. The mild BBQ sauce was especially good

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I love this place. Was introduced to Smokey D's a few years ago and it is a must stop when I am in town. I love the nachos and usually get something to take home to eat the next day!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Obviously I've been there two times and enjoyed my second visit better. The ribs were sold out by time we arrived the first visit so.. but not the second and they were really GOOD! The ribs were tender and delicious with just the rub. As far the meat selections I've had the ribs, turkey, sausage and brisket (ranked in that order). The sauces were adequate and added some flavor and heat if needed. I enjoyed the potato casserole, baked beans and cottage cheese. I will be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Smokey D's catered a friend's wedding last night -- brisket, pulled pork, BBQ beans, macaroni & cheese, coleslaw, and potato casserole. They supplied a variety of BBQ sauces, from mild, to spicy, to hot, to FIRE! All were tasty! They supplied warming trays and large "cooler/warmer" to keep everything hot. Highly recommended if you are looking for a catering option!