“Wonderfull expericence !”

Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Fordland, Missouri
“Wonderfull expericence !”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Hello my family and I stayed at the Hotel 2 in the last week and we had wonderful service. Our father is the hospital at Des Moines Methodist Hospital. As we were leaving on Tuesday to go back to the hospital to see our father we were told we could not leave until the manager could see us. So we waited till the manger got back she had went to the flower shop and bought us flowers and the staff all signed the card . It was so sweet ! Be proud of you staff and treat them well they are amazing bunch of people . They were so nice and went beyond both times we were there . Thanks again for treating us so well.
We were there a week ago on Sunday and Monday Feb 4th and 5th and this last Monday and Tuesday Feb 11th and 12th ....... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL !!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie N
desmoinesairport_ia, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Des Moines Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
We value your kind words about your stay with us and your welcome hope all is well. Our AmericInn works hard to provide the best service, we want all of our valued guest to enjoy their stay from the moment that they walk through the door. I'm so glad to hear your gracious words about the staff and we all say thank you and glad to help out. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Des Moines area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This hotel is where I always stay because the staff is so professional and courteous. If I forget something, they are quick to help me out. The hotel is very clean. One of the cleanest hotel I have ever been in. I am an active duty army wife so I have been to many different states and hotels. This one is tops on my list.
The continental breakfast is helpful to me as I do not have to leave the hotel.
I have and will continue to recommend this hotel to military personnel. I know that some of them stay there now on their drill weekends.
I can not say enough about this facility and the personnel including the maintenance and house cleaning departments.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good in my opinion.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
We value your gracious words about your stay with us. Our AmericInn works hard to provide the best service, we want all of our valued guest to enjoy their stay from the moment that they walk through the door. I'm so glad to hear your gracious words about the staff and we all say thank you and glad to help out. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Des Moines area.
canada
Reviewed 4 February 2013

we had a great stay. they had clean rooms, a nice breakfast. fast check in and front desk was so helpful (they printed us maps and recommended places for us to eat and shop). We would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank aprilanneCanada
desmoinesairport_ia, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Des Moines Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for taking time and the kind words you had about the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Have a great day
Spencer, Iowa
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Easy check in/out, personable staff. Excellent desk to set up my lap top computer. Lighting excellent. Comfortable bed and chair in the room. Shower was fair. Hard to find the location unless you know the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
desmoinesairport_ia, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Des Moines Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about the room and our staff here at the AmericInn. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. Glad that the staff was able to get you checked in and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to serving you the next time that you come back to Des Moines, IA. Thanks again.
Brooklyn Iowa
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I really enjoyed this stay. I was waiting out the blizzard in December to catch my flight to San Diego for Christmas. Was pleased with my room. They had just remodeled this hotel so every thing was fresh and new. The general manager and from desk clerks were very friendly and you could see that they enjoyed their jobs. I was allowed to leave my car in their lot for 2 weeks
and when I got back the OWNER shoveled the snow around my car and started my car so I would be warm when I left. You cant beat this type of service!! You bet I will stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
desmoinesairport_ia, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Des Moines Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
We value your gracious words about your stay with us. We are very pleased that you found the room to be more enjoyable. Our AmericInn works hard to provide the best service, we want all of our valued guest to enjoy their stay from the moment that they walk through the door. I'm so glad to hear your gracious words about the staff and we all say thank you and glad to help out. Glad that we were able to help clean off the snow on your car so you could have a safe drive home and it was no problem at all for helping out. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Des Moines area.
Minneapolis, mn
Reviewed 13 December 2012

This hotel recently converted to the Americinn family from another motel. It is conveniently located and affordably priced.

The Americinn fixtures for the place are nice and new, good beds, decent-looking desks, etc.

However, their bath / shower facilities are still fair to poor. I hope they will update these next.

I travel for business often and "free hot breakfast" means a lot of different things. Here it is your standard waffle machine, various cold cereals, and a rotating mix of biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausage, and the like. It is decent and I have no major complaints, but there has been better.

Overall, you could pay a decent premium and get more comfortable accommodations, but taking a small discount to a national budget chain would yield far worse.

Will stay again, but hope for continued improvement.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
desmoinesairport_ia, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Des Moines Airport, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
We appreciate your grateful comments regarding your stay with us. The rooms are updated and we are working on getting the bathrooms updated too. Our free Hot Perk, home-style breakfast is a great value. We value what our guests like and like to hear what they have to say so that we can make your stay as good as we can for you. We look forward to having you as our guest next time you are in the Des Moines area.
Blooming Prairie Minnesota
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This was a great stay the staff was very friendly with us and if we asked for anything they were so willing to help us out. The rooms are very nice and the breakfast is really good. We stay almost ever two months to visit we will stay there again. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
desmoinesairport_ia, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Des Moines Airport, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. It's nice to hear that the staff is very helpful to our guests. Thanks again for all your kind words and hope to see you on your next trip.