“Close to the airport, budget friendly and great shower.”

Motel 6 Des Moines North
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was the only hotel close to the airport and under $50 a night. It's very basic but it was clean. If you're looking for a five star hotel this is not it but if you a place to sleep and a great shower in the morning this is the perfect place.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sdlewis622

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Let me know when you pull your name off this hell hole. The only bright spot of the entire property was the sign proclaiming this was your motel. Believe me, it is nothing to brag about. Please give the hardworking guy who wanted to also cower behind the bullet proof glass you provided but was kind enough to come out for me a decent position.He was so professional, he should not be forced to work in such conditions. A few highlights: dim, dark and dingy everywhere. vestibule dim, small,drafty and terrifying: he's behind bulletproof glass, I'm standing with my back to the door. Dopers and lot lizards hanging around. Thanks to your reservations dept., not even the town I asked for. So tired I couldn't go on. So, I can't believe it, I actually considered staying! Get to my room and the light didn't work (he came and helped me). Quick shower I was hoping for: out of the question. Folded back both beds looking for a clean place to sleep. Both were filthy. The first just had hair. The 2nd had hair and was visibly dirty. On the plus side: I was so tired I couldn't see when I arrived; this experience gave me enough adrenaline to drive for 2 more hours!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Me and a couple of friends had one of the joined rooms and from the moment we pulled up it was questionable. It is located in a "run down" neighborhood. The room it's self was very unpleasant. When we walked in the room had a dirty foot odor to it and the towels were stained as well as the bedding.there were ants in the bathroom and the only reason we stayed after walking in our room was because we booked it ahead of time online and there policy didn't allow us a refund because we didn't cancel far enough in advance, which I admit is our fault.the beds are also very uncomfortable and you can hear the other guest through the walls. I will never stay at this motel again. I will say that the workers were very pleasant and it is easy to find. Other than that I don't recommend any one to this motel.
Hope this helps!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a cheap solution, this is definitely the one. 10 min from downtown Des Moines, and with all the traffic just outside the window. The keywords are clean & cheap. No breakfast, and that's a shame. 69 $ in weekends for a double

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very easy access to the highway. Lots of restaurants and a big mall within 5 miles of the hotel. Got Great Directions to the Thai Restaurant and loved it. Person at the front desk was very friendly and had a great sense of humor. It is not a luxurious hotel but you get what you pay for. The room was clean and had a fresh smell.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quiter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The property is located right off I-80 and I-35 and is very convenient. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly and we did not have to pay for WI-FI. Lots of choice of TV Channels and parking was ample. Would definately stay again when back in town.

Room Tip: The rooms not facing the highway might be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Holmes on Homes could have a field day with the way the upgrades were done at this Motel 6. Having stayed at a "modern" Motel 6 that was exceptional previously, we had the idea that ethic might carry through to others. We were wrong. Yes they have performed the upgrades, but neglected to change out the mattresses, the flooring does not go all the way to the divider barrier but sticks up and exposes nasty under flooring. The cleanliness was questionable and things have not been maintained as well as they should have. The bed coverings were filthy. The front desk staff was delightful and efficient on a busy night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business