“Clean and Friendly”

Motel 6 Des Moines North
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed 10 June 2014

When I checked in at the front desk there was a lady by the name of Frances. She was extremely friendly and caring. She had a great sense of Humor and was able to handle all the guests in the lobby in a professional manner and asked me if there was anything I needed before I went up to the room. It is the great attitude of the front desk person that I really liked about the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North Side are less noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
shethl, Manager at Motel 6 Des Moines North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Linesh Sheth

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel has a great location and has easy access from and to the Highway 80 and 35. Recently they have updated all their non smoking rooms with a different color scheme and replaced all the bedding and the window treatment. I like the new landscaping that is being done and the staff was very friendly. Would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NaseerD_13

Linesh Sheth

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was the only hotel close to the airport and under $50 a night. It's very basic but it was clean. If you're looking for a five star hotel this is not it but if you a place to sleep and a great shower in the morning this is the perfect place.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sdlewis622
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Let me know when you pull your name off this hell hole. The only bright spot of the entire property was the sign proclaiming this was your motel. Believe me, it is nothing to brag about. Please give the hardworking guy who wanted to also cower behind the bullet proof glass you provided but was kind enough to come out for me a decent position.He was so professional, he should not be forced to work in such conditions. A few highlights: dim, dark and dingy everywhere. vestibule dim, small,drafty and terrifying: he's behind bulletproof glass, I'm standing with my back to the door. Dopers and lot lizards hanging around. Thanks to your reservations dept., not even the town I asked for. So tired I couldn't go on. So, I can't believe it, I actually considered staying! Get to my room and the light didn't work (he came and helped me). Quick shower I was hoping for: out of the question. Folded back both beds looking for a clean place to sleep. Both were filthy. The first just had hair. The 2nd had hair and was visibly dirty. On the plus side: I was so tired I couldn't see when I arrived; this experience gave me enough adrenaline to drive for 2 more hours!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Me and a couple of friends had one of the joined rooms and from the moment we pulled up it was questionable. It is located in a "run down" neighborhood. The room it's self was very unpleasant. When we walked in the room had a dirty foot odor to it and the towels were stained as well as the bedding.there were ants in the bathroom and the only reason we stayed after walking in our room was because we booked it ahead of time online and there policy didn't allow us a refund because we didn't cancel far enough in advance, which I admit is our fault.the beds are also very uncomfortable and you can hear the other guest through the walls. I will never stay at this motel again. I will say that the workers were very pleasant and it is easy to find. Other than that I don't recommend any one to this motel.
Hope this helps!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a cheap solution, this is definitely the one. 10 min from downtown Des Moines, and with all the traffic just outside the window. The keywords are clean & cheap. No breakfast, and that's a shame. 69 $ in weekends for a double

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very easy access to the highway. Lots of restaurants and a big mall within 5 miles of the hotel. Got Great Directions to the Thai Restaurant and loved it. Person at the front desk was very friendly and had a great sense of humor. It is not a luxurious hotel but you get what you pay for. The room was clean and had a fresh smell.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quiter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Des Moines - Northwest
Days Inn Des Moines Merle Hay
Days Inn Des Moines Merle Hay
#29 of 48 in Des Moines

Been to Motel 6 Des Moines North? Share your experiences!