This place is a wonderful weekend getaway for a special occasion or just to celebrate being a couple. The staff is very helpful when choosing a room - they found that the rate for the room we wanted was actually cheaper on the Romance Package, so we arrived to roses and Champagne in our room - and they are warm and welcoming. With a fireplace corner room view and a 2-person hot tub, this is probably top of the line in one of the rare urban areas of Iowa. Centro is an outstanding restaurant within a block of the hotel, and even with the state wrestling tourney going on, we heard little noise from the street or other rooms. There is a very nice bar off the lobby with excellent mixed drinks and a nice selection of whiskys, and breakfast the next morning is included- omelets and waffles made to order, fresh fruit, the works, once again In very nice restaurant-type setting. While pricey for Des Moines, you definitely get the luxury you pay for in this hotel - we go back at least once a year for a treat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These are no ordinary accommodations The largest in Des Moines and among the most welcoming anywhere, many Des Lux rooms and suites indulge with fireplaces and whirlpools. From our King Executive Rooms to the lavishly appointed Presidential Suite you will enjoy an array of signature amenities and the satisfaction of knowing that you could not possibly have chosen a more comfortable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Des Lux Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Of 800 Locust Hotel Des Moines
- Hotel Of 800 Locust
- Des Lux Hotel Des Moines, Iowa