I recently spent an evening at the 800 Locust Hotel and Spa and found it to be a very relaxing stay. Check in was actually fun and the staff was engaging and helpful. The room was spacious and had all the ammenities I needed as a business traveler. There was a complimentary breakfast buffet (at least for me) that included personally made omlets and other items one usually gets for $20 at a normal well stocked breakfast buffet. The location was right in the center of downtown and nearby to all of the usual downtown businesses, restaurants, etc. The workout room was very nice featuring stationary cycles and walkers with weights, etc. All in all a very good time there. I would highly recommend this place. I guess it gets a lot of use the the Iowa Caucuses, but who knows???!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These are no ordinary accommodations The largest in Des Moines and among the most welcoming anywhere, many Des Lux rooms and suites indulge with fireplaces and whirlpools. From our King Executive Rooms to the lavishly appointed Presidential Suite you will enjoy an array of signature amenities and the satisfaction of knowing that you could not possibly have chosen a more comfortable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Des Lux Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Of 800 Locust Hotel Des Moines
- Hotel Of 800 Locust
- Des Lux Hotel Des Moines, Iowa