“4.5 Excellent selections and passionate staff”
Review of The Cheese Shop

The Cheese Shop
Ranked #21 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The cheese and house made charcuterie are always interesting and delicious. I always like to try the beer and cider they've selected, too. My only complaint is the serving details: it would be nice to have small plates, a little more silverware and so forth. Today we shared a cheese and charcuterie plate and had only the plates the food came on and one spoon between us.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have visited about 6 times and have had a great experience each time. Both the cheese and charcuterie are top shelf. Staff has always been efficient and knowledgeable. Their selection of wines (including ports) and beer are excellent and pair with the food very well. I have been in with my wife and by myself for a quick treat. Each time the experience has been very nice. Stop in for a bite and drink, you will be happy you did.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Wide variety of unusual cheeses; sourced as much as possible from USA and Iowa especially. I wanted a specific variety but they didn't have it; the cheesemonger suggested an American variety that was very similar. Lovely lunch, small seating area.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

A wonderful little cheese shop. I ended up tasting several delicious cheeses. The staff was very nice and knew their cheeses. If I lived in Des Moines, this would be a regular stop for me.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Thank goodness I do not live in Iowa nor near this shop. The lady behind the counter out of the blue asked if we were interested in trying cheeses. She pulled out at least 6 or 7 cheeses for us to taste. I ended up getting cheese for dinner that evening.

1  Thank Chad N