“In Dreams I Walk with You”

Tursi's Latin King Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 579 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Tursi's Latin King certainly seems as if it was evoked from a dream or a days past fantasy. With an incredibly warm (and caring :) ) staff and delicious food of tremendous portions. Every meal paints a picture of a celebration for the fall harvest, even if one only orders a single serving.

The Lasagna, the house salad dressing (creamy parmesan), the mussels, the Chicken Cacciatore (sorry Philly man in the last review, they do have it), the Tiramisu, all of the appetizers, and the Cannoli are just a few of the consistently amazing foods that are served at this establishment.

So, if you have any respect for your soul give this restaurant a try. If you are unsatisfied; I, Lucien Vagnier, will reimbursement your bill.

There are newer reviews for Tursi's Latin King Restaurant

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I'm from Philly and I visited Des Moines over the Labor Day weekend. I wanted Italian food and our transplanted friends (From Philly) told my wife and I that we had better go to Olive Garden and I laughed a big Hell No! My standard is Casselli's in the Roxborough section of Philly and Scannicchio's in South Philly, and Maggiano's Little Italy, as our chain Italian Restaurant. All of the previous mentioned have excellent price to portion. In fact, every Italian restaurant from Delaware to New York give you more food than you can eat. This place, charged us $125.00 and we all needed something else to eat later. Furthermore, I was thrown off by the name, I thought we were going to a Spanish joint. Our dishes were over seasoned very small portions. They even have onion rings and burgers on the menu, that should have told me something. No Mussels,no Cappellini, and no Chicken Cacciatore, the Italian Restaurant staple. And, the worst bread I've had in a long time. Maybe we should have gone to olive garden. Don't waste your time or money. Nothing Authentic,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was our second time at this charming Italian restaurant - and it has become our favorite Des Moines restaurant. Whether it's being greeted by the owner (Bobby), having patient waiters (always a plus), or fantastic food and wine, nothing was missing. We had the Chicken Spiedini with the Megonio wine, and my taste buds are still dancing. Yes, graciously accept one of the cookies they offer you as they leave. Can't say enough good about this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Disappointing , being an eat coast italian, the red sauce not good, the carbonara weak and onions from ga. Almost raw...the best part of our meal was the fried zucchini with a lite batter ...drinks from the bar fabulous....they just miss the mark. Great friendly lovely place but yucky italian....

1  Thank Bklynli
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I order gnocchi at every Itallian restaurant I go to. This is hands down the best I have ever eaten.