“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Latin King has great food and very nice wait staff. I give it a thumbs up :) Sometimes the wait is a little long but it's worth it....

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Really not impressed. This is the second time I've been here. Cameoverall for the fried mozzarella appetizer , which was good. The salad was a joke. They do not take reservations for tables less than 6, so our wait was 1hr 15min. Beer selection is weak. They have craft beer, but they are average at best. the long wait and bland main dish is not worth the price. I think they are riding on their past reputation a bit too much.

There is much better in des moines. Really just not worth it. Just overall an average meal, but with the expectation of excellence, I was disappointed.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Every time I am in Des Moines, I eat here. I take my business associates here, I take my family here!!!! The Chicken Spiedini is the best you will ever eat!!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Latin King is very busy on Friday and Saturday evenings, but on Thursday night, we didn't have to wait to be seated and the food was delicious!

The garlic focaccia (or ciabatta) bread they bring out initially was wonderful and I couldn't tell if it was the butter or the bread that had the wonderful garlic flavor.

We ordered the fried mozzarella as an appetizer. It is breaded and covered in a deliciously light tomato sauce. I am vegetarian and ordered the gnocchi. There was plenty to fill me up and it was covered in the same light tomato sauce.

For dessert, the tiramisu was different that expected, but tasty, nonetheless. The ladyfingers used in the dessert had a ginger-like taste which set it apart from other tiramisu I've tried.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

No Respectable Italian would consider this Authentic!! My God people!!... The worse, blandest marinara sauce ever to go through these lips. The ill attempts at a decent alfredo sauce, sticky/gummy as heck. And for the kicker the biggest rip-off in Des Moines by far, which is the chicken spiedini!! A relatively SIMPLE dish of garlic/de burgo style slightly breaded and seasoned CHICKEN on a stick!! approximately 6oz!! Thats it! Set ya back more than $17 bones/dol.!! Holy Mc Moly!! The It. chicken was Avg. The Penne Regine absolutely awful. Onion Rings were an oily mess! All ten of us looked at each other with big OMGs...The only bright spot was the anti pasta. Some of these reviews comparing it to great Italian eateries in Chi town..... are so out of line! My Grand parents were known to make some of the BEST authentic Italian in this town, they as well as other respectable Italians wouldnt touch this place. Sorry paisans! Yet the gringos will keep ya going!

6  Thank Jim Linda S