Olympic Flame Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a hidden treasure. We found this restaurant through trip advisor and were so thrilled at the quality of the food and the great service. The flavors were rich, the atmosphere relaxing and the owners were delightful. Thanks for the wonderful evening.

1  Thank Emily S

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here and got the Gyro. It was amazing. Service is great. I live in Japan but Ill be back and when i do, ill come here. Thanks.

1  Thank Burns5803
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Delicious, fresh Greek food. My husband and I went there after seeing Jethro's was packed. A very good decision! We had the toasted pita with hummus appetizer (delish) lemon chicken soup (devine) Greek salad (yum) he had the gyro dinner, I had the souvlaki. Both came with dolma, spanikopita, orzo and tiropita. All were incredible. The timing of the meal was impeccable; even though we had a lot of food, we didn't feel stuffed at the end. We even had room for their baklava, whick, of course was amazing.

1  Thank AdamB16
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I love Olympic Flame!
I'm embarrased to say, but I don't think I've had any main dish besides gyros. I'm a gyro fanatic, and their's is great. They're generous with the meat and don't add lettuce- something I've seen at some places lately, and think is odd.
They do a great saganaki. And when you get a dinner platter, you feel like royalty. They just bring you more and more food. Lemon soup, warm bread and butter, Greek salad. And the platter includes dolma, spanakopita, orzo, and tiropita, allowing you to sample a variety of Greek specialties.
My boyfriend has tried a variety and dishes and has loved them all. I promise someday I'll try the moussaka or pasticcio as everything else is wonderful.
Not to mention the warm, friendly service!

1  Thank MillieHelper
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Feels like authentic Greek food. Gyro was delicious. Waitress was very friendly and informative. Use fresh, natural ingredients. Good quality. Owner/chef seems very friendly and takes pride in his food, as he should! Great experience!

1  Thank JennIAabroad