“This is a must-go classic in Des Moines”

Tasty Tacos Incorporated
Ranked #53 of 576 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Fast food
Nashville, Tennessee
“This is a must-go classic in Des Moines”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

One certainly may not think so from the looks of the places-- nothing special there-- but, seriously, if you like Mexican style food, Tasty Tacos is a must when you're in the Des Moines area. I grew up elsewhere in Iowa, don't live there now and have eaten Mexican/southwest style food all over the country, but if asked for my favorite place for a taco, this is the place that comes to mind. Don't ask me about anything else beside the flour taco; it is so good, I've had nothing else! Oh, and they have Mountain Dew to complement the tacos. Great place.

• Visited July 2013

Hamburg,Iowa
“WOWWWW!!!!! GOOODDDD!!!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Tasty Taco in Des Moines Iowa was the best original taco I've had in my life! It was hard to eat 2 of them because they are so big. And really good! I cant wait to go back!

• Visited October 2013
Clive, Iowa
“Quick food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was in their grand ave kitchen once at 8 am on a Tuesday morning and was pleasantly surprised to find a very clean work space. It's one of the few places in town I would call quick food, not fast food. Tacos are greasy but good. Dos taters!!!!

• Visited November 2012
Normal, Illinois
“A must try!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

If you like Mexican food or Tex-Mex this is a must try! Great authentic and quick food. The tacos are the best I have ever had! We stopped in at about 4 pm on a Monday. No wait and the food came out very quickly. Prices are very reasonable for the portion sizes. Next time we are in town we are definitely going back.

• Visited October 2013
“Try it!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stopped here while going through town based off other reviews. This place was kind of a dive, it looked like maybe an old Taco Bell (lol), but the service was great and the food was good. We ordered a regular taco (really good), an enchilada (good), a side of rice and beans (really good), and some flour chips with nacho cheese (chips were good, cheese- meh). Overall, it's worth seeking out and trying it!

• Visited August 2013