“nice hotel good price”

Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Des Moines
A TripAdvisor Member
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 14 July 2003

We had a wonderful time for a great price. The ad on the internet says in-hotel reastaurant and bar. But they are only open if there is a certain amount of stayers at the hotel. So you might want to call and see if the reastaurant will be open. The food is great and they make awsome drinks!! Try the pool only a few blocks away its huge with lots to do for kids and adults at a very cheap price.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Riley, KS
Reviewed 12 July 2003

The staff attitude was aweful and were very rude. I called and asked how far the hotel was to East Army Post Road after I made the reservation with ..., and they said that it would only take 5 minutes when it actually took about 25 minutes. Each day I came back to the hotel from work, my key was always de-activated. I had a miscommunication with my reservation with hotels.com and I tried to explain my situation to the manager (Nicole), and the clerk(Lisa), at the time and they refused to hear what I had to say and treated me as if I was a third class citizen. I was in Iowa on a military order therefore I was in uniform, and it seem as if they have no respect at all for Military personnel, since I watched them politely take care of other customers. Probably because I am not of the same culture. It is ashame that I have volunteered to protect and serve this country and the people within just to be belittled and become a victim of bigotry by a hotel clerk. I will never stay at any Clarion Hotel again. I have consulted with a friend which is the District Attorney at Gallup, NM., and I would definitely pursue a case against this business.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member