“an OK stay”

Add it.
Clive Hotel and Suites
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed 11 August 2006

I stayed here for 2.5 months while they were in construction. It wasn't horrible but it was no where near great. My ceiling dripped water on three separate occasions and the desk clerks never seemed to know whether or not the problem had been fixed. My mattress sunk down so low in the middle it was almost touching the floor. They do bring 'clean' linens once a week, although I ended up buying my own sheets because theirs were often questionable. On the other hand, the building was safe and I never heard people being loud in the halls or their rooms. I always had hot water and the kitchenette was nice. I think the best thing they have going for them is their price compared other extended stay hotels in the area. Overall, if you're looking for a cheaper place to stay for a short period of time with out all the frills, this place will do.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 3 February 2006

I stayed there 8 months. Hotel is being remodeled by new owners. I believe things will get better as my room was just remodeled and I was pleased.

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 June 2005

Would not stay there again, very old hotel. Needs major updating. Llarge rooms, bed sheets were paper thin!!!! Old furniture in the rooms. Not very clean. Will not stay there again.

Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank yarrow5
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 14 July 2003

We had a wonderful time for a great price. The ad on the internet says in-hotel reastaurant and bar. But they are only open if there is a certain amount of stayers at the hotel. So you might want to call and see if the reastaurant will be open. The food is great and they make awsome drinks!! Try the pool only a few blocks away its huge with lots to do for kids and adults at a very cheap price.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Riley, KS
Reviewed 12 July 2003

The staff attitude was aweful and were very rude. I called and asked how far the hotel was to East Army Post Road after I made the reservation with ..., and they said that it would only take 5 minutes when it actually took about 25 minutes. Each day I came back to the hotel from work, my key was always de-activated. I had a miscommunication with my reservation with hotels.com and I tried to explain my situation to the manager (Nicole), and the clerk(Lisa), at the time and they refused to hear what I had to say and treated me as if I was a third class citizen. I was in Iowa on a military order therefore I was in uniform, and it seem as if they have no respect at all for Military personnel, since I watched them politely take care of other customers. Probably because I am not of the same culture. It is ashame that I have volunteered to protect and serve this country and the people within just to be belittled and become a victim of bigotry by a hotel clerk. I will never stay at any Clarion Hotel again. I have consulted with a friend which is the District Attorney at Gallup, NM., and I would definitely pursue a case against this business.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member