“Best. Service. Ever.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cottage Grove
“Best. Service. Ever.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

As a person who spends a ridiculous amount of time in Hilton hotels around the country (over 120 nights so far this year), I've become quite accustomed to a certain level of service. They broke the mold with the folks here, however. Jolene and Mykala at the Front Desk have gone ABOVE AND BEYOND any reasonable human's expectations to cater to anything I've ever needed. They are without question of the highest order in the hospitality industry. I am VERY rarely compelled to write a review about any particular hotel, let alone hotel staff! They alone would make each trip worthwhile, but the fact that the hotel is brand new, clean, and inviting is frosting on the cake. I will NEVER stay at another hotel in DSM, if I can help it. Thank you Jolene and Mykala, you're the best!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Des Moines, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a great hotel, it's brand new. Anyone can check into your room as long as they know your name. They charge $15.00 a day to park in the garage, but dont tell you until after you check out. The staff is very pleasent and everything is clean, it smells great until a person down the hall decides to smoke, and it floods the entire hallway.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Probably best hotel I have stayed in. Everything was perfect. Love, loved the furnishing Breakfast was great . and the beds were out of this world I was pleasantly surprised to see we were next to river walk. Very nice to look at and to walk around for excercise

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Super new, very clean hotel. The front desk attendant, Ale, was very personable and professional. The room size was as expected and all furnishings were new. The pool area was enjoyable! We would stay again, but we'd probably never pay to park there when meters are free on the weekends.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie K
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had a great time at this hotel. Great location near restaurants and fun. Clean room in new hotel and great bed. Lots to do and very convenient parking. Hotel staff was helpful and there's always the cookies in the afternoon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel! I was here on business and my usual hotel was booked due to an event downtown. Thank goodness! The hotel is brand new, and location is great! Staff was so friendly when I first arrived, and was able to check in early. Room was fantastic (except my view was the parking garage). Couple key points about the room:
- bed was super comfortable
- the vanity/sink was outside of the actual bathroom
- the tv swiveled, which meant I could tilt it toward the bed or leave it flat against the wall, allowing me to watch the news as I got ready in the mornings. Since I travel frequently, this was an unexpected perk. Normally the tv is completely out of view if I'm at the sink.

Hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, the river, capital building, etc.

If I can help it, I won't stay anywhere else when coming to town

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Samantha H
Teena C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Des Moines Downtown, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your review and for your feedback. Hearing directly from guests is important as it tells us what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I hope you will accept my most humble apology for the unfriendly service and for the other issues and frustrations you experienced. I will promptly take the steps necessary to correct the problems you have brought to my attention. I am confident that if you return to our hotel, you would have a much improved experience. If I can be of assistance in booking a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at 515-244-1650 or email me at teena.carney@hilton.com
Manchester, England
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

New hotel in good location. Room was a little small but very clean and bed was very comfortable. Liked the walk in shower. Pool area was pleasant but pool very cold!
Only problem was no in room safe or safety deposit box. Breakfast was kept well stocked even though it was busy. Riverwalk very pleasant

Stayed July 2014