“My favorite place in Des Moines”
Review of La Mie Bakery

La Mie Bakery
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Des Moines
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have lived in Des Moines all my life and since discovering La Mie it has been my favorite place for an amazing meal - particularly breakfast for the fresh, homemade, European style pastries. Nothing starts my day off better than a hot, fresh cup of coffee or a latte and a philo pastry with fresh rhubarb or apricot from La Mie. The staff is amazing and always very helpful. You will not be disappointed! I recommend going early if you want a place to sit...it's always busy! I have been going for years and time and time again the food and experience is exceptional, so I figured it's time I write a review!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We ordered lunch for pick up. We all had something different, and it was all so good! The beet salad was perfect, the brie sandwich and the avocado sandwich were both to die for, and the vegetable bean soup was straightforward, clean and not at all overly salty.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Artful pastries and wonderful coffee. Barista was very accommodating with a special request and made sure it was brewed to my liking. We look forward to stopping whenever we are in Des Moines!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Delicious food and great coffee. Loved the sandwiches as well as the pastries. Saying this, the males behind the counter could be a bit less snotty. They are not great about providing information, such as where the milk is located, for take out orders.

1  Thank Jeanpr
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Quick, easy, great food. Classics and interesting specials always fresh . Can be crowded but line moves quickly.