Quality Inn & Suites
US$201
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Days Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$81
Baymont Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$110
Hampton.com
US$116
US$161
US$151
US$184
  • Breakfast included
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$75
Travelocity
US$134
Hotels.com
Des Lux Hotel(Des Moines)
US$223
US$217
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswafflesservice roaddouble vanitytwo sinksnice place for the pricequick stopflat screen tva ground floor roomrooms are bigmerle hayan upgradegood sizeshower headice machinewould stay here againthe breakfast areanice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our review is based on staying at this hotel by default. Our flight was delayed three hours causing us to miss our connection to our next destination. Our travel agent re-scheduled our flight to fly out the next day. Long story short, we live three hours from Des Moines, left our home at 1:45am, checked into airport at 5:00am, to not board our plane at 7:30am. It created a long day at the airport. We finally talked with the gate attendants, received our boarding passes for following day, had our luggage pulled from the plane, visited with the ticket counter to receive our luggage, received a hotel voucher for Quality Inn and Suites and left the airport at about 11am.

When arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by a young lady. We found out her name was Tessa from the night staff. Tessa was very friendly and accommodating. We explained our situation to Tessa and gave her the voucher from US Airways. She immediately found us a room. We explained we were extremely exhausted and we hadn't even left Iowa yet. Without request, she strategically placed us in a room away from the area that receives a lot of traffic from housekeeping and other staff. Also, take into consideration that this is at 11:30 am and check in is not suppose to be until 3pm. We were in our room within minutes and there was no extra charge for the early check in. She also accommodated our parking needs for the week at the hotel instead of parking at the airport.

Tessa also made the comment that for the hassle we had been through in the morning we were still laughing and smiling. This was true! My husband and I decided that there was no use to be upset by the situation because "it is what it is" and were taking it lightly.

As far as the hotel itself, I would say it is average. The parking area could use some renovation to make it a bit more appealing. Our room's air conditioner did not work the best but at this point, we didn't really care as long as we could stay cool and get some shut eye.

Being bluntly honest, if it wasn't for Tessa's hospitality, this stay would have not been as good as it was! Thanks Tessa - working in customer service isn't always easy but your doing a great job!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeghanJesseB
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The only reason to stay at this hotel would be the price. It was generally clean but very worn. The desk help seemed overworked and distracted. I had a distressing issue with my room and received very reluctant service. The air conditioner cycled on and off all night and there was a great deal of street noise. FYI, no elevator.

Room Tip: If you can get a room away from the street, go for it but good luck with that.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MBB66066
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My family and I stayed at the hotel one night. It is next to the Des Moines airport and 10 minutes from downtown and Zombie burger. Newly renovated however there were items that were worn out already. New carpet, flat screen TV, free wi-fi, comfortable bed and fairly comfortable pull out couch.

Continental breakfast with small dining area. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hawkeye27
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Excellent location right off the highway. Outside look of the building could use some improvement but the inside was excellent. Excellent staff and breakfast was normal. One of the better Choice Hotel locations. Some of the photos on TripAdvisor are outdated. My only issue I had was not the hotels fault but I had a hard time sleeping most of the night because people were going from room to room and letting the doors slam until 2-3am and thier rooms seemed to be on all sides of us.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jedivader
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Well, before I get into anything else... just like the title says, the people made the difference. I was booked in here for one of my trade shows, and I was having a large restock order sent in to arrive on Friday. UPS decided that they knew better than I did when I actually needed this, and they decided to deliver it on Monday instead. Monday, I'm usually back home, so this presents an issue for me.

The staff here helped me in every way they could on this, and went above and beyond what they had to do, and really made this as painless as they could for me. Kudos for them, and it's the reason why I gave this review a 5 star rating... if you look over my reviews, you know that I -rarely- give out five stars.

Covering a few points for the detail oriented: This hotel is at the end of a service road, tucked in so close to the ramp for the highway that my GPS wants me to take the ramp onto the highway and turn right to get there. That doesn't work, as you might imagine. Go down the road about a block, take the entrance in front of the BP gas station (going from memory) and pass the Wendy's, and there you go.

This is a two story installation, and I didn't see any elevators. Be prepared. I reserved a ground floor room.

The ice machine works well, and produces nice well-frozen ice without any silly "no cooloers" signs on the machine. It was a slight walk away from my room, but not too bad.

Breakfast was a fairly typical affair, but the biscuits and gravy were actually more tasty than I had anticipated.

The internet had to be signed into about twice a day, but otherwise was reasonably fast.

The bathroom had a short toilet, but at least it was a decently oval one. The shower was OK for water pressure and temp, nothing spectacular. As a tall guy, I was looking down at the shower head, though.

All the minor issues were washed away with how nicely the staff worked with me to take care of that shipping issue, though. So, I had no trouble recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business