Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Des Moines - Northwest
US$201
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Days Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$159
Hyatt.com
US$95
US$194
US$170
  • Pool
Baymont Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$171
US$165
Doubletree.com
US$103
US$184
  • Breakfast included
Des Lux Hotel(Des Moines)
US$223
US$217
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrestaurant connectedihg hotelsmeeting spacean older propertymerle hay roadmicrowave and fridgefree internetweekend stayhot tubbooked this hotelnice roomeasy accessbeds were very comfortableup to datebenniganssheratonaltoona
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stay here often for business and always enjoy the location, it is easy to go anywhere in Des Moines. The room was clean, the bathroom has been updated, and the bed was great. The staff is always polite and courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WhatCheerStephanie
MikeH4Hol-Inn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Des Moines - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Short Stay,

Thank you for staying with us, and especially thank you for your loyalty. Its always nice to hear everything went great with your stay. Hope to see you again soon, perhaps for a bit longer this time.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stay at this hotel often for work. They have recently updated most of the rooms and the lobby is quite nice. Beds are comfortable, heat/air easy to adjust and everything is clean. I think the staff is quite friendyly and will tryy to accomodate requests. It is pet friendly and the suites are great for families because the bedrooms can be closed off for privacy and the kids can sleep on the pull out sofa. Computers are available in the business center. Since the Bennigans is attached you don't need to go outside to go eat which is good if is raining or snowing.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on a different floor from any sports teams staying! Over years of staying here the only real problem was a high school team whose coach was not mindful of his kids behavior
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank IowaWoman123

Dear Frequent Visitor,

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn & Suites Des Moines Northwest, and thank you for your comments. I am gratified to hear you found so many things about our hotel that appealed to you. We will continue to strive to make our hotel even better in the future.

We are honored to have earned your loyalty.

Best Regards

Reviewed 16 March 2013

The property was OK but really showing the wear. The staff was polite and helpful. The room was old and in need of updating. Really below the standard I would expect for a Holiday Inn. I am thinking there has to be better options in the De Moines area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Brassmat,

Thanks for staying with Holiday Inn & Suites Des Moines Northwest. I appreciate your positive comments as well as your honest critique. Improvements are an ongoing process in the hotel business, and this year alone we have made significant improvements, and will continue to do so. I am glad to hear everything else was good. I invitie you to stop by on your next visit to Des Moines, and we might suprise you.

Thanks again for your comments,

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stayed here on our way to Nebraska. I am glad I did not read the reviews first or I would not have stayed here. Our room was okay....could use some new furniture. The bed was comfortable however, and that is always important. We always bring our dog so we need pet friendly hotels and it limits our choices. The bathroom was the tiniest I have ever been in at a hotel and in dire need of a remodel....We ordered room service which was very prompt and the food was average. We could have had free breakfast, but did not have time for that. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Muktown,

Thanks for staying at Holiday Inn & Suites Des Moines Northwest. I am glad you found many thiings about our hotel appealing and also found a few items to critique. Your honest feedback is important and appreciated. We in fact are currently adressing the items you mentioned, and I believe you would discover a suprising difference your next stay. And we are certainly pet friendly.

Thanks again for your comments,

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We had a horrible experience at your hotel. We will not stay at one again. I was told my room would cost $86. That included my state rate and my extra person. I was told I could have a refrigerator. When I got to the hotel it was an extra 15 for the individual with me and an extra 7 for the refrigerator. I was also informed there was NO breakfast. Wow!!! This cost me double what it does at the Sleep Inn. I got better service there, a cheaper rate, breakfast and no HIDDEN fees. I'll stay there from now on. What a disappointment! The place also reeked because of the remodeling.

• Stayed: November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Des Moines - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear eidimb81,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Des Moines, IA

Orlando A.