“Excellent night's rest”

Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed 22 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2014

this hotel was ok. the only good thing was the pool and the resturant
the servers at the resturant were awesome

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very nice hotel and the staff is very pleasant and helpful to work with. Pool area is great for kids

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I thought a "poolside" room would be great - I was wrong! Loud at night and no direct access to outdoors. The pools are fun for a 5-year-old, but upon close examination, they are really dirty.....(close your eyes and get in, if you have a kiddo!) The room is pretty clean, but my biggest complaint is that if you have kids in the pool a couple times a day, there is no place to hang wet suits to get them relatively dry - should have clotheslines in the showers, since there is no way to get outside.

Hot tub was broken - which was just as well - I would really be hesitant to get in it, given the overall pool cleanliness.

Pretty expensive for what you get - I would do it again if there was a screaming deal - otherwise I would just stay somewhere that has a regular (clean) pool.

Room Tip: Poolside is NOT where you want to be, if you want to go to bed early.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed two nights for a conference which was listed as the conference hotel. I was given a handicapped accessible room and was not pleased with the zero entrance shower. I called front desk and was told that there was nothing else available. About a half later, I was called and was told there was a room available which was pool side. I said ok. Big mistake. About an hour later, a staff member came to give me the key to my room. I moved down and found that the machinery for the water park was right next to the pool side room. It did shut down promptly at 10 pm. A steady roar. It was now about 8 so I decided to order from the in house restaurant. I walked to the restaurant through the water park which was so noisy and steamy, I couldn't wait to get back to my thunderingly loud room. I placed my order and returned to my room. An hour later, still no food. I called the restaurant and they had no record of my order. The manager upgraded me with a large pizza and free soft drink. The food arrived, I ate, and checked out a day later. An attempt was made to serve me but not to the level of service expected for a business trip with the Ramada as the conference hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms facing or near the water park.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Des Moines Downtown
Adventureland Inn
Adventureland Inn
#7 of 11 in Altoona

Been to Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines? Share your experiences!