Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center
US$94
US$84
EconoLodge
Days Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$87
Hyatt.com
US$233
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$66
Hotels.com
Cozy Rest Motel(Des Moines)
US$71
Travelocity
All reviewspool areabonus pointsgathering areainside roomroom was cleanolder parthot tubolder facilitynice courtyardin house restaurantwater pressure in the showerdance competitionnothing fancycommon areasconvenience storeiowa statefront desk personnel
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was ok in general. Ok rooms except for the part that indie see to get to ones action of the rooms we had to come down a few steps - which is on walking but when you have a few bags with you, then it is tricky.

They have a nice courtyard where the restaurant was located.

Nice tv that swivels, small desk but doable for the space.

Anyway, I didn't see any other places to eat within the vicinity. I believe the shuttle can take you 2 miles away from the hotel but downtown was 3 to 5 miles?!? Confused.

The bar was closed for renovations and couldn't see the pool.

Maybe next time I'll have more time

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

For the price, this hotel is pretty average. Room was clean. Pretty normal Holiday Inn. I had no issues, and would recommend this hotel. I only spent one night there but parking was easy and no issues there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Fleur6111, Owner at Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to post your review of the Holiday Inn Airport - Conference Center, feedback is always helpful. I will let our team know you appreciated the cleanliness, easy parking, and that you would recommend our hotel to others!

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you when in Des Moines, ask for Lowell!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is an older hotel, that still seems to be doing things right. The receptionist was friendly and informative. The restaurant was cafeteria style, with a selection of sandwiches and sweets, the hospitality was plentiful and pleasant. They were careful enough to put me towards the back of the hotel away from the families with kids. As a business traveler, I would not want to hear the kids running up-n-down the halls and I didn't. Their is a central pool & the rooms encircle it, allowing parents to relax from their balconies while being able to monitor their children and teenagers. Although this was business for me, the hotel was very family friendly. The only minor complaint I had was the bathrooms were very small. As a big-guy - this was not very accomodating. There is also construction going on, as they are expanding their meeting rooms, but they are keeping that area fenced off and their was no construction or construction noise on the weekend I was there.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool for families, rooms towards the back for a quiet business trip.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bestsales123
Fleur6111, Owner at Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you so very much for your comments on your stay here at the Holiday Inn -Airport Conference Center! You are absolutely correct that we are expanding our Conference Center with a new Exhibition Hall of over 12,000 sq. feet, and look forward to the construction being complete late this spring. Thanks again for your kind comments and our entire staff hopes to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I spent one night here as an overnight stop before an early morning flight out of Des Moines. The hotel was clean, but the lobby needs a face lift. It's not a very inspiring place to walk into. However, it is very convenient to the airport--right across the street. The lounge was closed for remodel and the hotel restaurant was more like a self-serve deli than a restaurant. I decided to eat out, so can't comment on the quality of the food. Tables to dine at were set out around the balcony area of the pool. My room was clean. A standard 2 queen bed that included a desk/dresser combo, refrigerator, microwave and large flat screen tv. The bed was fairly comfortable but the sheets felt old and tired--not crisp and clean. Bathroom was clean, but again the towels need to be replaced--old and tired again!
This hotel served my needs, but would probably look elsewhere if I need to spend the night in Des Moines in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank krileyadams
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear krileyadams,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest and we are pleased to know your needs are met during your stay. However, we regret that your stay was not as comfortable as it can be due to the issues with our facilities. Rest assured that we take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The location of this Holiday Inn--across from the Des Moines airport--is exceptional. The check-in was efficient but the single clerk was extremely busy and we had to wait in line a bit longer than was comfortable.

Though clean and adequate, the hotel is showing it's age. The decor was dated and worn. The "tropical courtyard" was dark, gloomy and decorated for last centry. Had I not found this deal on Hotwire, I would not have been happy with the full price of $135/night. Most other hotels in the area are less than that, and many of them are nicer. I hope that the construction of a new convention area for this Holiday Inn will include a room upgrade.

Room Tip: The area is massive because of the large courtyard. Ask for a room near the front or you'll walk forever just to find your room. I was in room 137, as far from the entrance as possible. (Is this room saved for Hotwire specials?)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear NSBrice,

We appreciate you leaving a review on your recent stays with us. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with the hotel staff at check in. We will review our procedure to avoid similar situations in the future.
We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are pleased you did enjoy a clean room as well as our location. Thank you again and looking forward to serving you in future.

Regards,