VERY close to the airport. I really like the room mainly because of the microwave and the frig in the room. The hotel is a little dated (some bubbling or signs of moisture in the corner of the room near the carpet) but it does seem that they try to keep it up for the most part. The beds weren't that comfortable to me which was disappointing. You will definitely smell chlorine when you walk in the door. There is an indoor pool in the middle indoor courtyard. I brought my bathing suit but not getting in. It's not because the pool was dirty but there a quite a few rooms that have a clear view (low to high) of you in the pool. Uhhh.... no. Lol. The work out room was really nice. 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, weight machine and free hand weights, medicine balls, mats, workout balls... I had a nice workout. At the computer in the lobby, I had to print out one sheet of paper. The lady at the front desk told me not to worry about the cost and gave me my printout for free... which was nice. For the eats... I did like the grill. It was nice to get things cooked to order and the taste wasn't bad at all. You got lots of food for the price. I had scrambled eggs, croissant, turkey sausage, fried potatoes. Pretty good. All in all, not too bad of a place to stay...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Des Moines Airport Holiday Inn & Conference Center, Iowa places you minutes from area attractions including Des Moines International Airport with 24 hour free shuttle, Blank Park Zoo, Science Center of Iowa/IMAX theatre, Iowa State Fairground Varied Industries, Wells Fargo Arena, Hy-Vee Hall, Knoxville Raceway, Cownie Soccer Complex, Adventureland, Gray s Lake, and Prairie Meadows Casino. Our hotel is also convenient to businesses such as Wells Fargo, Allied Insurance, as well as area colleges such as Drake University, Des Moines University, Grandview College, DMACC, and Simpson College. If shopping is what you are looking for be sure to visit Jordan Creek Town Center & Mall, Valley West Mall, Southridge Mall, and historic Valley Junction Our hotel has over 200 beautifully decorated guestrooms, each with free wireless Internet, many with high-speed hard wired Internet as well. Many guestrooms come with microwave/refrigerator units, and our hotel has more than 20,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space with ample free parking for groups of 10-500. For your enjoyment we have an indoor pool, whirlpool, video game room, and ping pong in our tropical courtyard. Stop by our Grill restaurant, offering breakfast anytime, hot & cold sandwiches, along with steaks and seafood dinner entrees. Unwind in our bar and catch your favorite sporting event on our huge 68 big screen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - Airport Hotel Des Moines
- Holiday Inn Des Moines
- Des Moines Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center Des Moines, Iowa