“It is a Hampton Inn...”

Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Basic, room was clean, water pressure was good, breakfast was the standard HI breakfast. The fitness center had a bike and weights so that is a plus. Even though located right across from the hotel, I did not hear a plane all night. Exactly the type of in and out hotel I look for.

Room Tip: the front is on Fleur, right across from the airport. The back of the hotel is more isolated.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JBretteD
Nathan B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay with us! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I always stay here when i am in town. The rooms are clean and quiet. ..........The staff is attentive and courteous. ..............It is right across from the airport and yet i never hear any planes go over.It has a shuttle to airport and it is only minutes from downtown.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lindao470

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us! I appreciate the kind words, and we strive to do our best to provide excellent customer service for our guests! I am glad you had a great stay! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was my second stay The building is a little older but it must have been built knowing the airport was a stones throw away. Never heard a plane or anything else for that matter since I stayed on a Friday eve during state fair I was pleased to find no noise. The breakfast was typical for Hampton. The rooms seem a little smaller than most Hampton's but not tiny. Some dust could have been cleaned out of the vent and the dome light in bathroom had some dirt but these were minor. I travel with a cpap unlike recent stays at a different Hampton and a Crowne Plaza this room did not have the extra plug upgrade near the bed I needed to unplug a lamp to run the cpap

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seniortvlr
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay with us. I would like to inform you that we are undergoing renovations this fall, and hope to have new outlets installed for easier guest access! We also have the USB Power Station that includes additional outlets on our endtables! We hope to see you again when future travels bring you to Des Moines!

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

This would otherwise be a nice hotel but the smell of smoke is annoying me. I generally stay at Starwood properties, not sure if this is typical with Hilton? I just hope the Sheraton has room for my future trips to Des Moines.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Dave12345678901

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the smell of smoke. We are undergoing renovations this fall, and we are becoming 100% smoke free! I hope when future travels bring you to Des Moines, that you'll give us another try! Thanks again!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Pros:
close to the airport
a/c in the room worked well
tv remote worked well

cons:
tired Hampton Inn in need of renovation
hallways were like a sauna
had a hallway full of slamming doors and playing hide n seek all night - and no resolution when I called front desk - HHonors diamond on the top floor expecting a quiet evening - and this is where the front desk put the kids group?
housekeeping was not up to typical Hilton family standards - see photos

I'll stay somewhere else next time I fly into DSM

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Hortkie
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay with us. I would like to apologize about the conditions of the room. We are undergoing major room renovations this fall (2013). We hope you will give us another try when future travels bring you to Des Moines!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Never had to make a complaint to the staff. Staff always looks to give best options for dinner. Located near Airport only seemingly concern, but location is able to be walked. Nearby shopping, groceries, no major issue during time spent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay with us. When future travels bring you to Des Moines, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great location and facility near the airport to accommodate my business travel plans. Parking and service met my expectations. The cookies upon arrival were a nice addition to the travel plans. The room accommodations were great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide the most comfortable stay possible! We hope to see you again when future travels bring you to Des Moines!