“Good place, close to airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Des Moines
Tomall, United States
“Good place, close to airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel staff is very friendly and professional. The rooms are well laid out and clean. Breakfast is good, clean breakfast area. Easy access to and from the airport. Nice restaurants within short driving distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
We appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your stay. I like to think we are located in a prime area, as the distance to downtown, area malls, and attractions are within 20 minutes, and you don't have to look very far for a good meal, or a trip to the airport! Thank you for the kind words about the staff, and also, thank you for staying with us, and hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
scottsdale, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

great & helpful staff. close to airport with shuttle service . decent breakfast . clean rooms . outdoor pool only good for summer . business office with printer . as a returning customer i leave my car there & fly , they take care of their guests .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Our "Park & Fly" package is a great deal, and it's a real time-saver as well, since you don't have to deal with parking in a lot far away, or paying increased prices in the parking garage at the airport. Thank you for being a valued customer, and we'll see you again when future travels bring you to Des Moines!
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We took a family trip to Mexico flying out of Des Moines. We booked the Hampton because they were the only one who offered a 24 hour shuttle + a reasonable rate to park and fly....30.00 per car for 10 days. This combined with the fantastic rate....115.00 per room and it was a winner. We were all surprised when we arrived at what a great motel this was. We were offered cold bottled water at check in and given valuable information regarding the motel. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were nicely appointed and we all agreed it was a comfortable sleep. The motel offered us sack breakfast lunch in the morning because of the early flight time and arrived to pick us up from the airport on our arrival back within 10 minutes. Awesome stay and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your trip began! I am happy that we were able to get you off to a great start! I think that our hotel is perfect if you're going on holiday, as we have our "Park & Fly" option available at a reasonable price! I hope your holiday goes great, and we can't wait to have you back again! Thanks again!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Quiet, typically Hampton quality and cleanliness. Nice free breakfast taht changes each day. A little out of the way unless you are there for the airport only (we weren't and were just passing through the interstate. Very quiet (couldn't hear traffic or planes).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello! I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience was with us! I am glad that everything worked out, and with the bypass that opened just South of us, though it may be a little out of the way, you can be on your way, no matter which side of the city you are traveling from within a matter of 20 minutes! I'm glad that you chose us, and we hope you will continue to do so when future travels bring you to Des Moines! Thanks again!
Des Moines, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Was in town for son's muy thai event at holiday inn nearby. Paid really high rate of $160 weekend for a below average Hampton Inn (I have stayed in MANY) as Silver VIP. The main problem was the HVAC would not cool the room even though I had thermostat set to 64 trying to cool room. The compressor kicked in & out for a while and then I could tell it would not anymore. I had 3 conversations with front desk and we resolved it by having to move to another room. Maint was gone and is long way from hotel apparently. Front desk person did give me a $25 applebees card which is nice surprise BUT I HAD TO MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to our heating/cooling system. I understand how it feels to not be able to rest when the temperature is making it uncomfortable. Your comments will be shared with our maintenance team, so that the heating/cooling unit can be addressed. I hope you will give us another try when future travels bring you to Des Moines.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a recent business trip and this hotel was a mixed bag. My room had two double beds and the room was too small - I couldn't sit at the desk due to one bed being too close to the desk/work area, and the extra chair in the room was also useless since there was no place for me to put my legs if I sat in it. The breakfast area in the lobby was also small, cramped, and very loud. On the good side, the room was fresh and clean and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. If I stay here again, it won't be in a room with two double beds.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. I understand your frustration with the accessibility of the desk, and for that I apologize. Sometimes it is difficult to maneuver around. I would like to let you know that we are renovating this Fall, and our layout will be altered in a new way to increase efficiency! We hope you give us another try in the future to check it out! Thanks, again!
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We needed a hotel by the airport for a very early flight. The desk clerk was very capable and room was just fine! I thought that we wouldn't have breakfast before leaving the hotel at 5am but surprisingly the hot breakfast svc started at 430am! It was plentiful and delicious.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello! Thank you for your input about your stay with us. I am glad that you were able to grab some breakfast before starting your day! I feel we have a great breakfast crew, and they do their best to provide excellent service! We hope to see you again when travels bring you to Des Moines! Thanks again!