“We keep going back!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dubuque
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This facility never lets us down - it is always the same: clean, beautiful and very helpful and cheerful employees. The breakfast area is immaculate and the lady that manages it does a super job. You would think it is her own kitchen the way she keeps it well stock, clean and very presentable. I would highly recommend this hotel - we come here every year for a craft show in Galena and always chose this facility, as we always know we will be comfortable and very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shirley D
Andrea5832500, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments concerning your recent stay and our hotel. I will let the staff know how they have affected your stay. We will see you on you next visit to the Dubuque area.

Andrea Erickson

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We'd been here before and were wowed..this visit was more disappointing.

Went down for breakfast an hour after they started serving and all the hot foods were depleted. Waited about 10 minutes..nothing was put out, so I made a waffle, bot..no syrup. The woman working was grumpy and really seemed to ahte her job. We asked her if there was more food coming and she said "pretty soon..it takes time, you know"...oops, sorry for bothering you grumpy lady.

The air conditioner in our room made weird noises all night...but otherwsie the room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Andrea5832500, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Thank you for letting us know the concerns you had with our breakfast staff. This is a highly rare occurance. Our breakfast normally get the highest praise from our guests. I apologize for the behavior you encountered during your recent visit. I will take this up with the entire staff . We strive on a daily basis to provide exception service to each of our guests, and I can assure you this matter will be taken care of.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

A typical Country Inns & Suites property. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast room is bigger than usual, and the breakfast was a bit above average...fruit...yogurt...juice...toast/bagels...waffles...ready-made oatmeal (although it was out when we were there)...scrambled eggs and ham. We had requested that they refrain from using deoderizing spray in the room, and they honored that request. Refrigerator didn't have a freezer compartment or thermostat that we could find. They could stand to upgrade their toilet paper!! Carlos O'Kelly's and Applebees are next door.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unpaidbill
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. We were in the Dubuque area with a soccer team for a tournament. This was a perfect place for our group. There was a meeting room we were able to reserve for a team dinner. The staff was very accomodating - the front desk staff as well as the housekeeping staff. It's a great place for a group. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was nice too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My problem with this hotel was the post-trip nightmare i had to deal with. I accidentally left my white apple charger for a brand new apple product in the room. When I called I was told that it wasn't in their lost and found. I called again to see if anything had shown up. They hadn't even checked the right room. They checked the ACTUAL room I stay in and found nothing. I thoroughly checked my luggage and car and found NOTHING. The ONLY OTHER place it could be was the hotel. I am highly suspicious of housekeeping or hotel service staff as I know items like these can be valuable to re-sell. I am INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED and will never stay here again!

The stay was just fine. The room was clean, breakfast was delicious with plenty of options. It was quiet. The pool area was divine.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Andrea5832500, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Again I apologize for the mix up in locating your charger, but unfortunately we did not find your it. We have several items left behind on a daily basis and we hold every for 90 days or until it is claimed. I sincerely apologize for the loss.

Reviewed 31 March 2011

We stayed here one night in March. The hotel is just what you would expect from a Country Inn. I say that in a good way because we have always had excellent luck with them. The pool and spa are very nice. Our kids had the pool all to themselves. The room was clean and the beds were very nice. A very nice place to stay if you are passing through Dubuque.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kjohnson9
ACErickson, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let our future guests know about your positive experience at the Dubuque Country Inn & Suites. We hope to see you when your back in the area.

Reviewed 7 February 2011

We've stayed at this hotel multiple times over the years. It's always clean and the staff are always great. Breakfast is very good- especially since it's complimentary! The decor is your typical CI&S decor- dated, but clean.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
ACErickson, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

We Appreciate you taking the time to voice your satisfaction with our hotel. Thank you for letting our future guests about your pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your in the area.

Andrea Erickson