“Atmosphere felt too Commeric”
Review of Park Farm Winery

Park Farm Winery
Ranked #14 of 70 things to do in Dubuque
Reviewed 9 September 2013

For me personally, Park Farm tasting room felt like it was trying too hard for upscale and came off kind of cold. Lacked the warm personal atmosphere of wineries. The server's description sounded memorized right off the label and I wondered if she even tasted them. She lacked the pride, love, understanding of wine I usually feel in a tasting room.

The wines were very good though. The pizza was EXCELLENT. If I lived in the Dubuque area, I could see visiting sometimes to listen to music and have pizza, but we were all about the wine this weekend.

On the way out things changed. I dropped a bottle of wine in the parking lot but they immediately replaced the bottle--even though I insisted it was my own fault. We picked up the big pieces of bottle but they came out to clean up right. They laughed with us and were very friendly.

We visited 3 Iowa and 3 Illinois wineries last weekend. We aren't wine snobs, we just love the stuff.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

recently we visited park farm. Great smooth wines. the atmosphere old world all the way. plenty of space on the deck with picture post card views of eastern Iowas fantastic landscape. Did i mention the brick oven pizza? it was . Make it a day trip and visit these great folks at park farm. you wont be dissapointed

1  Thank skyhook115
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My daughter and I celebrated our birthday at Park Farm Winery. The girls pouring the samples of wine were very knowledgeable and very, very friendly. The prices of wine were inexpensive and full of flavor. Outside we enjoyed the beautiful view, pizza and wine. Also the gentlemen employees helped us out with our cases of wine. Great, great staff!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This winery is located in the hill country 15 miles from Dubuque, Iowa. You can bring food with you or enjoy some very good pizza. Excellent selection of whites and reds, along with some locally beers. Bands play on weekend and it is a beautiful setting.

1  Thank mjs1
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

My husband convinced me to go to this winery after baiting me with woodfired pizza. Woodfired pizza within a few miles of Asbury/Dubuque? I couldn't believe it so was eager to check it out.

Once we arrived at Park Farm Winery, we took our own little tour of the building and were amazed at the scenery. There is a room upstairs with a balcony where people can sit and drink their wine. Afterwards, we decided to try the wine tasting, which includes 5 samples at only $3 per person. What a bargain! I've had many wine tastings in the past but none for that price. We settled on purchasing wine by the glass (@$5 each) and ordered a woodfired pizza.

We chose to sit outside on the terrace to drink our wine and eat, that way we could enjoy the spectacular view as well. The pizza was so delicious. The crust was cooked just right and the red sauce was so yummy! I would be easily persuaded to go there again.

One thing worth mentioning is there is about a mile or so of gravel/dusty road up to the building. If we had known this in advance we would have opted to drive our more rugged vehicle.

3  Thank SzQtie