I would love to say that check-in was quick, but that wasn't the case. I waited and waited and waited behind a bridal couple dithering over how many rooms they needed...maybe 17...no, well maybe 20...well. maybe 21......had I been in charge I might have asked them to step aside to make a decision and let others go first, bit nonetheless, when I was waited on it was quick and efficient. The clerk (who, to be honest, appeared to be the only one there) tried his best. He was very helpful with maps and suggestions and got us on the road pretty quickly. So..off we went to the St Francis Xavier Basilica in Dyersville (spectacular). The room (314) was spacious, clean and comfy. We had plenty of towels in the washroom and it was very clean. My only concern was that there were no safety strips in the tub (maybe they have worn off ? ) and it was VERY slippery. I opted to skip the shower. There was quite a bit of chatter going on in the halls, but it settled down around 11:00 and we were able to get a good nights sleep. The breakfast area was spacious and clean and appeared to have a good assortment of choices: Cereals, both hot and cold, scrambled eggs, pancakes, toast and muffins, juices, tea and coffee...No reason anyone should go away hungry..Free parking in a well lit lot......close to a lot of attractions. All in all, quite enjoyable and at a fair price !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque West. Dubuque s newest hotel located in the West End district. Our hotel is just minutes away from Dubuque s downtown featuring major attractions such as The National Mississippi River Museum, The Diamond Jo Casino, Grand River Center, Five Flags Civic Center, Star Brewery, and Dubuque Greyhound Park and Casino (Mystique). If you are traveling to Dubuque to enjoy one of our many fun filled events such as America s River Festival, Catfish Festival, Riverfest, Summerfest, and Dragonboat Festival, you ll find the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque West s convenient location perfect for shopping and dining. While visiting Dubuque, you may want to take a short drive to Galena IL for additional shopping and sight seeing General Grant s Home and other historical sights. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque West is designed for business travelers featuring High Speed Internet, 24 hour business center, large work desks in every room, and meeting room for groups up to 50 people. We welcome guest visiting McKesson, A.Y. McDonald, McGraw Hill, and Quebecor, Eagle Window and Doors, and Kendall Publishing and John Deere. In addition, our proximity to Loras College, University of Dubuque, and Clark College makes us the ideal location during your campus visit.Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque West! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Dubuque-West
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West Iowa