“Decent”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2012

The food is decent, nothing special. The downtown location is nice, but there's not really any atmosphere inside the restaurant. Their entrees are good size and their margaritas are to die for, but expensive. The service is hit or miss. Great when you're in college, but I would not recommend for a family or if you are looking for anything upscale.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

The first meal i had at Salsa's was okay. I recently ate there for the second time and the steak in my tacos was spoiled. I was notcing all the flies and the dust on the artwork on the walls while waiting for my replacement meal of pork tacos to arrive. My pork tacos arrived quickly but alas, I had lost my appetite. The waiter was fine so I give Salsa's two stars out of five.

1  Thank SigneDixon
Reviewed 20 August 2012

It's what eating at Nana's house would be like, if she was from Mexico. Good, fresh, home made, hearty, delicious food. No processed junk. The real deal.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Too many flies, I started swating before the food arrived so I could eat. The tea was instant. 80 degrees on nice 70 degree day. The food was acceptable.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Spanish meaning of Emiliano is "eager" and "laborious"... and "rival". The owner of Salsa's, Emiliano Ramirez, is definitely a "rival" to the idea of enjoying a successful business in Dubuque. Interestingly, I found he is quite "eager" to demonstrate rude and business inappropriate behavior and only "laborious" in making sure his customers understand they are not welcome in his establishment if they are not of Spanish decent.
Allow me to elaborate... my friends and I went there looking for a pleasant lunch experience and thought we were ordering a meal from the lunch menu. 2 of us ordered salad we thought came with guacamole and when the meal arrived without it we very pleasantly asked for some. Emiliano Ramirez (owner) did not inform us it would be an additional near $4 charge but when we went to pay for it, we found out. I very kindly explained that we were not aware we would have to pay extra and asked, "Why didn't you tell us it would cost extra?" to which he responded, "You didn't ask.". I chose to let it go and make a mental note but he wanted to make sure we understood just how dumb we were and continued on to say, "I don't know what menu you were looking at but we have been open for 8 years and have never served guacamole with our lunch..." at which point I asked him to drop it. His response was, "I would if I cared.". Will never go there again. The guacamole that I paid nearly $4 for was a HUGE green glob of something that was not pleasing to the palate. Should have taken my business to Taco Bell.

1  Thank Louise G