“Boring food. Decent margarita.”
Review of Salsa's

Salsa's
Ranked #83 of 211 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We were traveling home and tried stop at L.May for dinner based on the TA reviews but we're surprised to find over an hour wait on a random Thursday so swung across the street to hear instead. ... I should have busted out TA after that to find another decent place. It's not the worst Mexican food ever but it's really not impressive.

My co-worker asked if they had table-side guacamole, the server brought out a bowl of already made guac. No biggie.. slight misunderstanding. It was however, so flavorless it was ridiculous. We added a ton of salt to it and wished w e had a line to squirt some more flavor in there.

My shoes nearly got stuck to the bathroom floor.

My fajita meat was so so dry... I kept dumping salsa from the chips onto the meat to moisten it up. The Mexican rice was dry and lacking flavor. The beans were just gross I didn't eat more than a bit.

I'm from a small town in Wisconsin so my Mexican-restaurant expectations aren't high but this fell way short. I'm also not a complainer. This is my only non 4 & 5 star review the whole wk trip! Fortunately, the margarita (frozen, raspberry) was cold and strong. Made the last 3 hours in the car much more enjoyable!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our kids love coming here so we eat here often for dinner. They have a large menu and plenty of choices for all. The experience is always consistent and the food is good so we keep coming back. Decent margaritas. The location on Main Street is nice and near a great coffee shop.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I am often disappointed in Mexican restaurants in Midwest but this was quite good. Many choices on menu, great prices, friendly service, and good food including delicious guacamole.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We dine there at least a couple times per month for lunch. Great food & service. The food is always hot and the servers are friendly & efficient.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

There was hair in our salsa gross! Will not be returning! Down the street there is a way better place anyways!

2  Thank Lovemexican90