“It's a bit like an upperclass sports bar.”
Review of Champps Americana

Champps Americana
Ranked #15 of 222 Restaurants in Dubuque
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The slightly irreverent attitude has become our calling card over the years, doing things the way we always have regardless of convention. We're still making fresh hand-crafted burgers, roasting our own turkey and chicken, slow-basting our falling-off-the-bone-tender ribs, and hiring the friendliest people to be part of our team. Why bother? Because bigger and better isn't just an attitude. It's a commitment to everyone who comes through our door.The party is still going strong today. The burgers are still huge, the beer is still cold and with 30 draught beers and 30 flat-screens, we're the best place to watch the game!
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Plus which is attached to Champp's. It was an easy choice where to have dinner after a day of travel. The decor is sports bar, but the menu is sort of a higher priced TGI Friday's.

I had the Fish and Chips. It set me back about $17-$18, but, man, it was perfect. My daughter had something off the kid's menu, pizza I think, and she seemed to like it. We also had a dessert tri sampler that was awesome! The food was great. I have no complaints about the service either. We were seated at a table for 6, but there were only 2 of us, so our server seemed curious why they sat us there, but no problems from there. Refills were timed well

The overall cost was fairly pricey and the dessert just added to that. it was our most expensive meal of the trip. It was really good though, so the quality and price probably were equal.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have been to this location once and to a location in Orland Park, Illinois once. I would say when comparing the two, the atmosphere at the Orland Park location is superior to this one. This location was decent but I probably would pick going somewhere else next time rather than coming back here. I ordered the stuffed burger from their summer menu. I was somewhat disappointed with the size of the burger and fries that came with it. I was expecting a large burger, but I was able to finish it all (I am rarely able to do this) and my friend also commented how she thought it wasn’t as big as she expected. I also thought that the burgers were a bit on the pricey side compared to other restaurants. I was much more happy with what I ordered last time (quesadillas).

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We really enjoyed our meal this evening - our waitress was exceptional. Would definitely recommend for a pleasant meal in a relaxed atmosphere; but there are numerous TV's everywhere.

1  Thank Farmer287
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Interesting how the reviews are on opposite ends of the scale! Hmmm... In any case, I've always had a positive experience there. Yes, some items are on the pricey side, but almost always I have to take home a lot of what I ordered; so I really get two meals for the price of one. It does a have sports bar atmosphere with about 16 TV's located everywhere you look, so a quiet getaway it isn't.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The food was of good quality and very fresh. The prices were not outrageous considering it is attached to the BW hotel. Location wise it was great and the bar area was of a reasonable noise level so conversations could still be had. Would definitely consider here when back in the Dubuque area.
Very friendly and attentive staff.