“Bachorlette party on the American Lady!”

American Lady Cruises
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Okay, so since we were booked for a bachorlette party, we were assuming adults only on this booze cruise. Heads up: This cruise is for everyone. We had the usual adult-only items with us and thought this would be okay, and it is BUT...this is a family cruise too. There were little kids peeking in the windows in our section and we tried to hide "things," but if you want privacy, maybe consider someplace else. Besides that, the appetizers they serve are minimal and should only be considered something light to snack on as you go along. I think we had chicken wings and veggies. The views cruising down the Mississippi River were beautiful. We had a great time as the other guests were very understanding with what was going on, but I'm not sure it would be like that all the time. Besides the above-mentioned appetizers, the cruise included all you can drink tap beer. There is also a cash bar if you don't want to drink the sodas and tap beer served. I think couples and friends' groups would enjoy this. Overall, we had a blast while helping a friend celebrate her upcoming nuptials and I would recommend it as a fun day to enjoy the river and see some beautiful sites as you relax with friends no matter the occasion.

All reviews
"ship"
in 7 reviews
"sloppy"

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

A nice long lunch cruise food was great the Staff I would love to be mentioned they were very nice.. answered all my questions made me feel like I was supposed to be there.. the food was great day, loved the mashed potatoes.. I did get a little nauseous if you get motion sick I don't usually have problems on bigger boats but this one I felt a little more..

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We took the happy hour cruise on a beautiful fall evening. If you sit outside, its hard to hear anything the captain is saying. But, the views from outside are beautiful. You can steer the boat if you desire. The captain is full of knowledge when you sit in the cabin and chat with him. Well worth the cost. We would take this cruise again when we return to the area.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Wonderful boat rode up and down the Mississippi around DBQ. Went on the Happy hour cruise, one and half hours, and was so impressed by the ship and it's crew, went on the lunch cruise the next day. Bar food is served for happy hour, along with unlimited beer and soft drinks. Full bar on board. Captain was very informative of the sights and eagle watching. Prices are very reasonable, and the ship is enclosed or open deck, depending on your preference.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Unexpected things happen but what makes the difference for me is how places handle those things.

We were in Galena for our Anniversary and thought the Sunset Dinner Cruise aboard the American Lady seemed like a nice and fairly close way to spend one of our evenings. We arrived early to see it coming in from the Happy Hour cruise prior - and it looked like everyone was having fun.

We had a drink at the bar located at the harbor where this departs from and we were now ready to board. About 10 minutes later we were backing up and on our way - only to have them immediately return to dock and tell us they were having engine problems. They said while they worked on this the dinner was ready so to go ahead and eat. We ate and soon they came by and informed us the boat would not be able to go out and that they had a call into the owner about how they were going to handle.

At this point the engine was off, we were done eating, and the cabin was getting pretty warm and we had no word from anyone on refund etc. Since it was our anniversary weekend we didn't want to spend it sitting waiting for a refund so we left. I contacted them when we returned - it took several days to hear back.. then they asked for CC info so they could credit it back once they figured out what they were going to do.

The Dinner Cruise was $84 for the two of us... we ended up chasing them to get a $40 refund. Personally the dinner (Pork Tenderloin, Catfish Fingers, Cheesy Mashed Potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls, and salad) was good but was not a $22/person meal. To me the Sunset Cruise was the draw - and that never happened and the delay and me having to chase a refund was a bit ridiculous.

Obviously based on the reviews - when the cruise goes out it must be fun.... likely worth more then half of the price paid for the evening...but given we didn't get that and ended up paying $22.50/person for a decent meal without any liquor - and the lack of coordinated customer service I have to given them at best 3 stars.

If in the area again - I would possibly try them again in hopes of a successful cruise next time around but overall was not impressed with their customer service on handling this situation.

1  Thank MNWildfan72